We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

You Look Good, Mirrored Dresser, Guest

17 May 2010

Dresserafterside (1 of 1)

This is one of my favorite furniture transformations to date. From Teresa at Andersen Seven, she took an old dresser and an old mirror and honestly made magic happen.  I am so doing this... on something!  Just wait and see.    

Carlee&house 020small Furniture3
Remember these guys- They are now very good friends {I received two old dressers from Libby- this is not the one that I used. Couldn't find the before picture {my computer crashed last week, and I'm still trying to find everything...but the dresser looked just like this one in every-way, except the top drawers were different.}
What I did-
  • Saved the mirror- which was cut into pieces to fit the dresser- $20
  • Painted the dresser- Ralph Lauren- Regent Metallics- silver Base
  • Purchased simple handles for $15
  • Glued the mirror to the dresser using- Liquid Nails- Mirror adhesive ( in the silver and gold tube}
  • Dresser- free from Libby
Here is a step by step look:

Dresserbefore (1 of 1)


Dresserbeforeside (1 of 1)

Dresserglue (1 of 1)

Applying the glue- mirror next
Dresserafteremma (1 of 1)

And here is another one with Emma in it....just because she is so cute.
Dresserafteremmalaying (1 of 1)

Dresserafterside2 (1 of 1)

Dresserafterside (1 of 1)
One more piece done.
Tips-  Save all your old mirrors, you never know when, or how you will use them.  I asked my glass guy how much it would have cost me if I didn't have my own mirror.  He said somewhere between  $80 and $150. More if you wanted the ends beveled.
So if you are doing a bathroom redo and it has a big piece of mirror in it...SAVE IT!  if you don't want it, I will take it off your hands.  =)
I have some fun ideas for the top of the dresser....I just put a few items on it for now....so it didn't look so bare.

I AM IN LOVE!
 I have always had a thing for mirrored buffets and side tables they are just so SNAZZY.  (Is that a cheesy word! I need to say it again ... sn-a--zzy!)  

I am dreaming of all the options for this, cause GUESS WHAT, our friends had a wall in their house that was covered in mirrors, and they removed them and gave them to us... SO I have yet another few projects on my very long list calling my name... but they might just cut in line, now that my imagination is going!  Thanks Teresa for letting me share this project!

18 comments:

Jessica @ My Quarter Life Crisis May 17, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

That wasnt very nice, anon. I really love it and everytime i walk by the end tables in target that are upwards of 90$ a pop (for a piece 1/3 of this size) i smile! great work! can you just drill holes through mirror to put the knobs on it? doesnt crack?

evelania May 17, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

I just want to let you know I love your blog. We've just bought a house {our first} and I'm excited to implement some things I've found on your blog. Thank you!!!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} May 17, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

I love how this came out. I would have never thought you could DIY one and it really looks great!!!


-heather

BellaLovesPink May 17, 2010 at 1:08 PM  

That is SO clever! I have a mirror that came with a sideboard I refinished. I'm definitely hanging onto it now!!

~L~ May 17, 2010 at 2:20 PM  

WOW! I. Want. This. like. really!

but one question: how much ws it to get the mirror cut and do they do that at home stores?

* Nancy * May 17, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

gorgeous project! hehe, I so loved the pic with Emma sitting and admiring herself in the mirror. :)

Brianna! May 17, 2010 at 4:18 PM  

what a precious little pup!!
I gave you a blog award!
its on my blog so be sure to check it out.
xoxo
bB

Anonymous,  May 17, 2010 at 7:12 PM  

This is really beautiful and unique! I second the mirror question: do you take it somewhere to get it cut, or did you cut it at home? If you did it at home, what did you use to cut it with?

Anonymous,  May 18, 2010 at 7:14 AM  

Absolutely awesome. Just a question. Did you have your glass man bevel the edges. If not how are the finished off.

Parenting in blue jeans May 18, 2010 at 7:15 AM  

Very za za! I love it! It's just so pretty. Not to be the constant product promoter but Perfect Glass is the way to keep it looking like that!

Remodelaholic May 18, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

Hey ya'll I had the same question. She said that she had a glass company cut the mirror, and it was around $20-30 dollars, so very affordable. She said it is more if you bevel the edges, but that they can be done.

Teresa May 24, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

Thanks for showcasing me on your site. I had the glass cut at a local mirror and glass store. As for the holes....it is tricky but he was able to do it...the drilled holes left a little dimple in the glass but the handles covered it.
Thanks for all your kind comments

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP