We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Read between the lines; Striped Entry Hall: Guest

17 May 2010

Nice entry update.  I like the new look.  Jenn at Jenn's Corner of Heaven took a bold step with big stripes.

I did it. I striped my hallway. And with zero help.Thanks to Kathleen for the awesome tips. Check out her hallway.  The curved wall in the entry really makes the space unique. But it was so plain.

View from the dining room before:


From front door before:



Looking towards front door before:


View from dining room after:




View from front door after:
Looking towards front door after:


I'm really digging the look. However, it's like buying a new dress with no purse, shoes or jewelry to match. I need to accessorize!Entire hallway cost me about $25 bucks (I only used half a can of each paint) and approximately 9 hours of my life.


What do you think?

15 comments:

Heidi Marie May 17, 2010 at 5:19 PM  

Definitely tricky with the accessorizing... But not impossible! I love it! It really compliments the curves in the walls too.

The Arrrrrgalls May 17, 2010 at 6:22 PM  

That is VERY awesome. I have been wanting to do that in our downstairs bathroom, but I'm TOO scared. Can't make a straight line to save my life!!

*Nikki* May 17, 2010 at 6:49 PM  

very bold..i like it although i don't know if i am that bold to do it in my house..but those people that have the guts to try it..it looks great!!

Flory May 17, 2010 at 6:54 PM  

you're very creative... i think small frames that could fit inside the lines would be great too. just put the small frames inside the lines alternately. just an idea, have a nice day!
flory

Mel May 17, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

I adore this. And this is so weird, but I used almost the same colours in my striped room. Bravo for making your home exactly how you like it.

Suzanne May 17, 2010 at 8:08 PM  

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the way the wall becomes fluid with that curve. Just beautiful!

Unknown May 17, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

WOW! That makes a HUGE difference to showcase the curved wall. Love it!

Parenting in blue jeans May 18, 2010 at 7:13 AM  

I think it made it a grand entrance. I'm guessing you used that frog tape...we put some stripes in my son's room and I would promote that product for free!

Dana @ Bungalow'56 May 18, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

I wonder if this would work in my hallway? It sure does make a statement. It especially looks good with the curve.
Dana

lyndyjo May 18, 2010 at 11:59 AM  

Absolutely love it! It makes it exciting and fun, but still grown up because of the color palette.

Sue May 19, 2010 at 12:12 AM  

This is totally awesome..I just found your blog...adding it to my Reader :-) Love everything so far :-)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP