We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

The DIY Showoff Home Tour

17 May 2010

Hi! I'm Roeshel from

The DIY Show Off


When I first met Cassity, I knew I would love her right away not only because of her amazing talent and DIY skills but because of her blog name. Remodelaholic pretty much sums up our addiction too! I'm so honored to be invited to be a guest blogger!


We purchased an old once-loved farmhouse. We could tell right away that at some point, someone was very proud of their home but unfortunately somewhere along the line, an owner was neglectful and destructive. BUT that didn't stop us from seeing the potential. We love making this house ours.

Here is a quick tour of some of what we have done in the past 3 years.

My favorite room changes. It's always the one I just complete and right now, that is our living room. Here is the before:

Here are some after photos:













Back Entry. We enter our home from the back. Here is one back entrance before: And here it is now. We installed French doors and replaced the carpet with slate. We also rescued a large mirror from another area in the home by framing it and applying a vinyl monogram.

New slate tile floor:










We remodel as time and our budget allows. So, I had to do something temporary for the main bathroom since it's the one guests use. The before was too embarrassing. Here are the before and after pictures.
Before:

Now:



Before:

Now:








I painted floor and stenciled rug and that is the same original sink with painted faucets. I did horizontal stripes and gave an old coat rack a new look and purpose.
We also host a lot of family get-togethers since we have the space, so last year we set out to make entertaining areas more functional. Here is the back of the house before:
And here it is now:



And here is an area below the barn near our fire pit before (scary!):


Here it is now:






We still have a lot of projects to tackle, all cosmetic but we enjoy the reward of our hard work and seeing our dreams come true. I'd love to know what you think! :)

I LOVE seeing real homes, real projects and real inspiration. Cassity, thanks so much for allowing us to "show off"!

30 comments:

Brianna! May 17, 2010 at 7:09 AM  

The Bathroom....LOVE LOVE LOVE
ALL of it actually!

and I really need those yellow accent pillows!
VERY GORGEOUS place dear.

xoxo
bB

Megan May 17, 2010 at 7:44 AM  

WOW...!!!!! Your house is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating May 17, 2010 at 7:44 AM  

I have seen your house somewhere on the web before and loved it. You have done a tremendous job and it looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas May 17, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

I cannot come up with words adequate enough to describe how stunning this is! I love it all!! The back of the house and the patio just takes my breath as well as the barn!! Stunning Stunning job!!

Seriously!! Stunning!

Lou Cinda :)

Janet May 17, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

I never get tired of seeing Roeshel's home. It's beautiful and so creative. I have envied her bathroom floor for so long. I begged my husband to let me paint the floors but he said no. Great Tour!

Roeshel May 17, 2010 at 1:32 PM  

Aw, thanks ladies! :) It's so good to hear! Most of the time I'm looking at what's NOT done so writing up this home tour was a nice way to realize how far we've come! Thanks for your sweet comments!

And -
Thanks for sharing our home tour with your readers, Cassity! Love this feature! Have a great week!

Roeshel

Derek May 17, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

Incredible! Thank you for sharing, it really helps others find inspiration for their projects when they see success like this. Congrats!

Debbiedoos May 17, 2010 at 7:48 PM  

Beautiful home, and oh such hard work you have put into it....all worth it.

Unknown May 18, 2010 at 10:00 AM  

Wow, what a stunning transformation! I love the rug in the bathroom and the area near the fire pit, so inviting!

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! May 19, 2010 at 4:52 PM  

What a lovely home! You have really done a wonderful update! Thanks for sharing and see you next week! Rory

Prior May 19, 2010 at 10:23 PM  

wonderful transformations... I live in an old house and am always working on something! Enjoy your blog! Lezlee

Anonymous,  May 20, 2010 at 10:16 AM  

Thanks for linking to Woo Hoo! Wednesday. Beautiful work, just beautiful. Please remember to kindly link back to Woo Hoo! Wednesday on either your post or your sidebar. Thank you.

Ann @ makethebestofthings May 20, 2010 at 11:32 AM  

I really like the vibrancy of the red, so much energy! But the soothing restfulness of the new white palette is so serene and lovely that I'm really considering the switch in my own home. All the projects are just gorgeous, and the sunlight on that slate floor is beautiful. Am I jealous? You bet I am! Beautiful beautiful

Marie May 21, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

Hello sweet Cassity - I have admired Roeshel's home for a while now. The color palette is beautiful. Love the soft shades mixed with touches of black. So fabulous! Thank you for sharing her photos with us.

Have you entered my giveaway yet? I'll be choosing a winner tonight. Would love for you to stop by.
http://emmacallsmemama.com/2010/05/bff-giveaway/

Blessings,
Marie

Threeundertwo May 21, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

Absolutely gorgeous. I would love to live there. I especially love the way you transformed that space under the barn!

Thanks so much for linking up to Finished for Friday.

Anonymous,  May 21, 2010 at 11:47 AM  

Your home is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous,  May 21, 2010 at 5:01 PM  

Wow! I can tell you put a lot of work into this, but it was worth it! The house looks great! So much more fresh and airy!
-Arielle

desiree May 21, 2010 at 5:46 PM  

It looks so wonderful. You should be very proud of your accomplishment! Thanks for sharing.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home May 22, 2010 at 6:59 PM  

What a beautiful home. I love neutral color schemes. And I love that monogrammed mirror! Thanks for linking for Friday Favorites!

Unknown May 23, 2010 at 1:21 AM  

Wow...these proects are amazing! I love the bathroom transformation.

Thanks so much for linking up! Hope to see you next week!

~Ashley @ www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

Unknown May 23, 2010 at 7:33 PM  

Oh my, Roeshel, the more pictures I see of your beautiful home, the more I LOVE It!

Kristi Flanagan May 26, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

Oh my gosh! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! You have definitely inspired me girl! Thanks so much for planting your creative seeds at Plant a Punkin Seed Party!

Kristi
Punkin Seed Productions

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home May 27, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

I'm featuring you this week for Friday Favorites. Come by and get a "featured" button for your blog, if you'd like!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP