We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Half-Moon Table: Guest

23 May 2010

Nice table upgrade at My House of Giggles, by Tracy.

As usual, I've been craving a project. With Finn in the Ergo carrier and Toby busy with a cookie from the bakery next door, I was able to peruse my favourite little thrift shop yesterday...

...and this is what I found! I know...doesn't look like much.....but it's kind of dainty and in good sturdy shape.

 How could a girl pass it up for $2?


A quick coat of "french grey" (aka....a touch of the black paint left over from my back steps, added to an inch of white semi-gloss in the bottom of a can) , and a white cabana stripe, and she's a new table! 

(the cabana stripe is really easy to do using green painter's tape....my stripes aren't perfect because I just sort of eye-balled them, but you could get meticulous and measure it out) :) Just tape off the stripes you don't want painted, roll on your stripe colour, and if you're anything like me, rip off the tape long before the paint is dry because you just simply can't wait another minute to see your finished product! :)

I roughed up the edges with a piece of sand paper, for a more worn-in look. 


I'm still sort of undecided as to where I'm going to put her...but I'm sure she'll find a perfect home somewhere very soon.




She's sitting in my newly re-decorated front entry right now, under a little shelf I nabbed for $1 today (and of course, promptly painted white).


Love the stripes!
What do you think?

9 comments:

Magic Brush May 23, 2010 at 12:33 PM  

I love the paint formula.... a little of whatever I have left! I do that too!!!!

Kerry May 23, 2010 at 3:32 PM  

I love the stripes...a nice change from the all white (I'm not knocking that!) but I really like the look of this one.

Burlap Luxe May 23, 2010 at 3:48 PM  

The table is sooooo! Jane Keltner design style who was so popular in her paint techniques for years with all the charm of cottage decor.

Love what you did with that great treasured find!!

xx
Dore

Sara May 23, 2010 at 4:06 PM  

Love the table! What a steal!

Thanks for dropping by my blog! Following you back!

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com May 23, 2010 at 5:05 PM  

Hi, I'm visiting my followers this week-end and you are one of them. I can't get around to everybody anymore like I use too. You might not remember be. I love to remodel and I really love people who do to. In fact I'm looking for a little table like the one you just did. About 6" deep. My son has moved into a studio apartment. I'm going back to look more.

come visit
cindy@stitches

Amy Hadley May 24, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

Inspiration! Some friends gave us a half-round end table as a wedding present, and, um, I don't really like it. Wait, did I say "gave"? Because they MADE it, then gave it to us. So you can't really garage sale that! But with stripes.... oooh, I might fall in love with it! Thanks.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP