We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Faux Frosted Glass; Guest

23 May 2010

I love the look of this frosted glass.  It is like the icing on the cake.  I just want to eat it up it looks so good.
This was done by Carolyn at My Back Yard Eden.


Do you ever just walk into a room and notice things that you never noticed before, but have been there all along?  This happened to me when I got back from visiting my Mom for Easter.  I walked into our Master bathroom and noticed for the first time, that I could see everything inside this cabinet here.

Peek a boo bathroom cabinet
Aw…gee, would you like to borrow some dental floss, or maybe a feminine hygiene product?   Perhaps you’d rather have a Q-tip?

UnmentionablesFloss today? 
This cabinet is the only storage we have in this bathroom, so all of this non-displayable stuff has to go here.  And since we only have two bathrooms, when we entertain, someone invariably ends up here in our master bathroom.  (No doubt, checking out what brand of dental floss we prefer.)

I thought about lining the glass with fabric, but then I remembered seeing Frosted Glass spray paint at Home Depot.   Bingo!

Rust-oleum Frosted Glass Paint  
I sketched up and then cut out some leaves and vines.
stencil vines 
I arranged them in a pattern I liked and using spray adhesive, affixed them to the back side of the glass door.
frosted glass stencils
Then I sprayed on two coats of the Frosted Glass paint. 
Frosted Glass paint application
Make sure you have a friend nearby to help you watch the paint dry.  In only a few minutes, it’s dry and you can peel the design off.
Rosie 
Admire how pretty it is when the sun shines through the glass.
Frosted Glass Window 
I love how it turned out.  I’ve got to say that this was one of the easiest, quickest , most satisfying projects I’ve done in a while.
DSC_0045 
I replaced the wood pulls with some brushed nickel ones we had leftover from our kitchen remodel.  I also reversed the way the door was hinged.  (I just love these IKEA products.  They are so well designed.)  Now you’ll just have to wonder what brand of dental floss we buy!DSC_0047

I do have plans to use some of this in my house. What do you think?

17 comments:

Magic Brush May 23, 2010 at 5:17 PM  

I bought that spray to do my shower doors and then chickened out and returned it!

Rebecca@This Present Life May 23, 2010 at 6:30 PM  

Thanks for sharing this! I've been looking for this stuff to frost a glass door in our house. I guess I'm going to be making a run to Home Depot!

Everly May 23, 2010 at 6:38 PM  

that is beautiful. I do not like glass cabinet fronts at all just because cabinets are for hiding things.

Tara@JustDevineStyle May 23, 2010 at 7:00 PM  

How great the transformation is with a little spray! I love anything in a spray can from hairspray to spray paint! It really can make such a big difference.

Unknown May 23, 2010 at 7:57 PM  

Oh I had no idea frosted glass spray existed!! So cool! I like how it turned out!

-Ashley @ www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

Tales From My Empty Nest May 23, 2010 at 8:05 PM  

That turned out real nice. My neighbor did her front panels that way and it is very pretty. Thanks for sharing. Love & blessings from NC!

Christy May 23, 2010 at 8:30 PM  

Thanks for swinging by from NFF! Following you back, and enjoy the remodeling! I look forward to following along!

Anonymous,  May 23, 2010 at 9:11 PM  

I really love what you did! I'm so excited that Rustoleum has such a product! Can't wait to come up with ideas using the frosted glass spray in my home!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP