We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Blossoming Beauty; Party/Holiday Garland Idea, Guest

01 May 2010

Sara from over at Creative Jewish Mom has made some wonderful things.  And this little party/ holiday decorations is one of my favorite.  what do you guys think?  Simple and so beautiful.  Here are her insturctions:

Tu B'shevat Blossum Garlands chandelier 

Isn't this just dreamy? I don't know why it never occurred to me that the chandelier in my stair well, as well as the banister are perfect places to hang seasonal decorations! In fact, other than painting this space peacock blue, (which I still love even three years later) I have yet to figure out how to decorate the space, so some beautiful garlands certainly give the space some life!

Tu B;Shevat Garland on Stair Rail

Sure looks like Spring time in this stairwell! And these would be great party decorations for just about any occasion, though I won't try to deceive you and say they were quick to make, because making a large quantity like I did (maybe at least 12 meters worth) requires quite a bit of time, though well worth it!

One of the really interesting things about this garland project is the material that I used. Disposable tablecloth yardage! If you're not familiar with this creation, it's the same fabric used in hospital masks and bibs, only available in every color to suit your party decor.

The great thing about it is that it's not woven, so there is no unraveling, and it is semi translucent, so it looks a bit like tissue paper. And of course it's much cheaper than most fabric. And if you're lucky maybe you can even recycle some non-soiled ones from the next  party where they happen to be using such a thing. (Very common in Israel.)

Tu B;Shevat Blooms Garland


Here's How:
  1. Cut all kinds of shapes like flowers, circles, leaf shapes etc from disposable table cloth material.
  2. Shapes needn't be perfect, and you can certainly cut at least 10 layers of fabric at a time, so the shapes add up quickly.
  3. And now for the fun part: Sew the shapes together by running them through the sewing machine, quickly placing one after another, and not worrying about lining things up! The randomness is what makes them look like falling blossoms, at least to me!
  4. Hang strings of blooms vertically or horizontally and enjoy!

Thanks Sara for letting us show off your lovely project!
What do you all think?

7 comments:

Carrie May 1, 2010 at 7:26 PM  

I love it! It is so beautiful and easy! I love your blog!!!! I am glad I am back to the blog world because I have missed all the creative ideas that comes out of your blog! I have got to get motivated!!!!

Unknown May 1, 2010 at 8:08 PM  

Gorgeous. I love being able to cut out any shape and the randomness of sewing them together. They do look beautiful.

:) Laura

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! May 2, 2010 at 3:48 AM  

Hi There,
I recently added a Link Party Directory to my blog site, Tools Are For Women Too!, listing just over 100 link parties. I made sure that Remodelaholic was included. Here is the link http://toolsareforwomentoo.blogspot.com/p/link-parties.html Please take a look at it when you have time and link back to me somehow ,if possible. I also do a link party called Modern Craftswoman Monday. Thank you. Rory

Unknown May 2, 2010 at 1:00 PM  

That's just pretty!!
Where can we get some of the disposable tablecloth yardage? I've never heard of it.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP