We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

A Spoonful of Sugar; Kids Playroom; Guest Project

01 May 2010

Londen from Sixty-Fifth Avenue also sent this pottery barn inspired kids playroom.  I think it looks great, here is what she did:

We were starting to be taken over by toys in the living room so a playroom was definitely in order. After looking for inspiration for the design, I found one in the Pottery Barn Kids catalog. Forget inspiration at this point, I loved everything about it and knew I wanted to recreate it but on a budget. 

This was my inspiration picture....

And this was the small room I had to work with.


I was not looking forward to painting over those dark walls. I read that the Aura paint by Benjamin Moore would be perfect for this project and it was. It covered the dark paint with 2 coats and no primer! It was awesome!


Next I commissioned my sweet husband to paint the trees and a few birds. I showed him this picture and he went to work.


Pottery barn was charging $100.00 for one decal!


 My handy Dad built a couple of bookcases for the room. This was his first time building furniture and they turned out great! These were a perfect first project because I was painting them. I only needed three tubes of caulk! Just kidding, only two! Love ya Dad!


There is a closet on the side wall so the bookshelves are not centered.








This dream house lived in the playroom until Santa brought the little one her very own train table. She is Thomas the trains #1 fan for over 2 years running. My dad to the rescue made the table.



On the other wall I made this butterfly art with a punch and a bunch of old magazines. I bent the wings a bit to give it a three dimensional look.





I really love that butterfly magazine art, that is awesome.
What do you all love the most? 

25 comments:

Red Door Home May 1, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

Fantastic job! Love this makeover and how you did all the projects yourself.

Unknown May 1, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

I love the trees and birds that your husband painted...those were awesome...and i can't imagine how much money you saved!!!

Katy May 1, 2010 at 12:49 PM  

your husband is fantastic!!
My favorite is that butterfly art though --- that is such a cool idea.

Nicole @ the style hatch May 1, 2010 at 1:25 PM  

WOW!! That is wonderful! I love everything you did! Great Job and thanks for sharing your creativity.

Nicole

House Queen May 1, 2010 at 1:28 PM  

First of all....EVERYTHING rocks!!! Your hubby did amazing work!!! I have to say, however, that I am CRAZY about the butterfly art!!! I may have to do something like that for my boys...maybe not butterflies though...they might no appreciate that like I do...Hey...don't be surprised if I feature you on my blog soon...I have to show off what you have done!!! Have a fab weekend girl!

Anonymous May 1, 2010 at 2:12 PM  

Oh, definitely the paintings on the wall are my favorite - just amazing!

Jen and her men May 1, 2010 at 3:54 PM  

This the the cutest room and I'm so impressed by your ability to make it look like the inspiration room!! Will your hubby come paint at my house :) AWESOME!!

Laney May 1, 2010 at 5:01 PM  

Oh my word! That is stunning.

I love your blog, you have such a creative eye!

WhisperWood Cottage May 1, 2010 at 5:25 PM  

A stunning room! Kudos to hubby for his painting! And that butterfly art? Genious!!

Amy

angelina May 1, 2010 at 7:42 PM  

i love it all. it looks so inviting:: well done, i 'd love to do something like this. a room all their own, just for play.
xxx

amanda May 1, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

Love, love, love the paper butterflies! That is such a great idea. I'll have to look for a butterfly punch.

Katie May 1, 2010 at 9:37 PM  

WOW, that turned out great!! Can't believe all of the hand-painted details.

Unknown May 1, 2010 at 10:25 PM  

I agree. I love the butterflies the most, but I HEART that your sweetie painted those beautiful pieces on the wall.

:) Laura

Bookworm's Lunchbox May 2, 2010 at 6:37 AM  

I love the whole thing, but the butterfly art is pretty cool. I was thinking that could be done with other punches. Hmmm. The Ideas are spinning. Love you CAss!!

Unknown May 2, 2010 at 1:18 PM  

Gosh - I love it all! The butterfly art - the tree and the birds. Love it!!

Unknown May 3, 2010 at 10:53 AM  

Wow - it looks awesome! Your husband should start a painting business. . . or with that skill level he probably already is an artist!!! I love your blog. :)

TaDa! Creations May 3, 2010 at 4:44 PM  

This is just gorgeous! I loved those PBK trees too and her husband did a fabulous job painting them.

Unknown May 6, 2010 at 6:03 PM  

I'm wondering if you had seen Dallas's collage work for the inspiration of the butterflies? I found these on Flickr and then checked out her Etsy page back in March and fell in love: http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.134082674.jpg

Meghan May 7, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

Now I wish I had a little girl! Amazing, beautiful and at one point scrolling down I had no idea it was your room vs the PB room! Wonderful job!!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue May 15, 2010 at 5:49 PM  

Storibook Designs~
I have never seen Dallas's work. I will be checking her out, thanks!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP