We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Place Mat pillows remake, Guest Contributor

14 April 2010

Our Guest Contributor today is Meaghan from Unexpected Grace.  She has been working on a great "Renters Challange" series, with great advice and ideas.  You should check out her blog.  Here is Meaghan's project:


I am loving me some lazy Saturday. Ross is at the UK vs. Auburn basketball game (he is a diehard UK fan) its raining and I am enjoying every minute of me time. Not job searching, cleaning, or studying. Instead I have made some fabulous pillows.


During a trip to Pier 1 I found a fabric that pretty much sums me up. It was love at first site. Unfortunately, I had no need for placemats. However, there was a table runner to replace my Christmas one on the buffet table. Then it hit me.... I can make pillows from place mats!

Lucky for me the placemats were made using two pieces of fabric. I ripped a tiny hole in the seam binding the two pieces. Then I stuffed the inside with some leftover polly-fill I happened to have on hand and used some fabric glue to bind back the tiny hole. The table runner ended up only costing me $6.00 and the two placemats were $2.48 each. What a steal! 
I placed the pillows on some extra chairs given to me by my mom in our "dining room". The new fabric really helps to separate or living and dining spaces.









Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Read On,
MT


This is such a great idea!
Fabulous no sew pillows for 2.50!
Be sure to check out Meaghan's blog!


5 comments:

Suzanne April 14, 2010 at 8:27 AM  

This is a fabulous example of a placemat pillow. Love it. I made a few of these last fall and even made some Christmas pillows out of holiday placemats and gave them to friends. Love the fresh, spring colors on this one! Here's one I made last fall:

http://justanotherhangup.blogspot.com/2009/11/another-placemat-pillow.html

Sarah Sarniak April 14, 2010 at 8:36 AM  

This is such a good idea! I've heard of so many things you can do with place mats. I've heard of purses but this is so neat. Thanks so much!

scargosun April 14, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

I am SOOOO doing this with my Lottery Yarn discount and sale placemats. yay!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards April 14, 2010 at 8:57 PM  

I love Pier One placemats. On a recent trip, I found four and made them into some fun summer totes. But, now I gotta try this!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP