We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Wainscoting central: Guest Party Highlight

13 April 2010

 Here is a party highlight that I happened to really like from last weeks Remodelaholic's Anonymous.   I found it on the blog Impatiently Praying for Patience, I think it goes well with Monday's guest post from Autumn.  It shows what a little trim adds to a space!  I love it!


One more project is complete...Hallelujah!
So lets go back and remember how boring the foyer looked before.
Then we started to put up wainscotting.
Then we got the wainscoting up.
Then we got it painted.
Then last but certainly not least Mr. Genius finished the wainscoting for the rest of the foyer!!!!
Sorry about the bad photos...it started raining when I finally had a minute to take the pictures. Not that I am a photographer or anything but I do know that natural light makes it look so much better.
We...meaning Mr. Genius...put some more boards up the staircase. I like it even better.
I am really happy with how it looks!
Yay! I have been doing the happy dance ever since I got done with the painting.
Doesn't that look Beautiful?  I love it!

10 comments:

Nancy @ Live love laugh April 13, 2010 at 5:38 PM  

I do love it!! What a wonderful job! May I ask how high up you put the top rail going up the staircase? I think our contractor put the light switch right where the height of the rail should be...I will want to move it if I can achieve this look!
~Nancy

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity April 13, 2010 at 7:36 PM  

That is fantastic. It is spot on what I want to do in our stairway. Thanks for the inspiration. I can see why you are doing the happy dance.

Anonymous,  April 13, 2010 at 8:01 PM  

Love it! I want some just like that in my entry way/hallway!

Susan @ Oh My! Creative April 13, 2010 at 9:00 PM  

This looks fantastic. I am also working on a Foyer project - still in progress. I am painting vertical strips on my wall in the curve of my staircase using a glaze.

I will be posting it next week. Come by and tell me what you think.
Susan
http://entertainexchange.blogspot.com/

Jenny @ Anything Pretty April 13, 2010 at 9:26 PM  

We have almost the exact same entryway....and I have been thinking about adding molding. Seeing these amazing results just might push us over the edge!

Sarah Sarniak April 14, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

Oh it looks sooo beautiful! It adds a tremendous amount of character and looks like it's been there forever. Just awesome.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP