We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Little Brown Wreath; Guest Tutorial

13 April 2010

Sharyl over at The Little Brown House sent over this tutorial.  And look how efficient I am, it is already posting!  I think it looks great, thanks for sharing this with us!  (oh and her post totally cracked me up!)


Ok, it’s official. I have a whole list of groups I need to join,
including punctuation overusers anonymous….
But today I have decided I need to add a new one to my list –
Overly Obsessed with Blogging and Crafting Anonymous..
OOBCA
Oh yeah – everyone will want to join..
Only thing is – in my case it’s hardly anonymous!
So, I had a root canal today – I came home afterward
instead of going back to work, and thought I should take advantage of the time
my entire jaw was numb by finishing up my Frugal Friday craft!!
Now that is a dedicated blogger folks! Actually – that should show you how
incredibly easy it is to do! I can’t even take a drink of water without
drooling it all over my chin – but by golly I could make a wreath!!
I have been seeing these coffee filter wreaths around “Blogville” lately,
and finally had to give in and make one myself! I decided to use the brown
coffee filters (Brown House – remember?) so I sent my husband out
to buy some this week while I was home sick….. once again – OOBCA…
(He got them at Albertsons, a local grocery store, in the coffee aisle!)
Then when I was well enough to crawl, I went to the dollar store -
Here is what I came up with to make my wreath.
I had planned on getting those little U-shaped wire’s that you use for
flower arranging, but they didn’t have any at the dollar store. They did have
floral wire which I bought. I also bought safety pins as a back up.
Because there was no way I was going to crawl into another store..
Soooo – I couldn’t get the wire to work for me.. So this is what
I came up with. This will be another case of do what I say, not what I did!
I just used the safety pins like push pins, and bent the top part down to hide it
in the wreath. Like I said – probably not the best way to do this but I
honestly believe improvising is a big part of crafting!
So I took a filter and crumpled it up – forming a point at one end.
I did the same thing with a second filter and then put a pin through both of them.
Isn’t this a riveting tutorial so far!!! All of you just skimming through looking
at the pictures are missing some good stuff here….
Then you simply push the pin into the Styrofoam, and lay the head of the pin flat.
I just kept repeating this process, trying to scrunch and fluff the filters as
I went, until I got the look I was going for. My package of filters had 100
and I didn’t use them all, I think I used around 75, this made a small but full wreath.
Before I finished a tied a ribbon at the top so I wouldn’t have to find a spot for it later.
By the way, at some point in this process I also realized that all of my backgrounds
were the same color as the wreath – brown much??
And now I am going to show you pictures of this darling wreath in different places
around the house – cause it’s so stinkin cute!!!!








Can you believe this is nothing but brown coffee filters!! Oh my stinkin heck!!!
I love that!  I think it looks really great!

16 comments:

Sarah Sarniak April 13, 2010 at 12:32 PM  

Wow, this looks fantastic! I love it and I'll definitely try it for sure. Thank you!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} April 13, 2010 at 2:04 PM  

Lovely! Looks fantastic in all the places you put it, but I'm partial to hanging on the mirror. Looks so nice *framed*. And great commentary! :)

Debbi April 13, 2010 at 2:29 PM  

Great stuff! Such an awesome look...and cheap, too!
Thanks for sharing.
*smiles*
debbi

Ann Marie @ Twice Lovely April 13, 2010 at 3:47 PM  

So great!! And cheap, which is even better!! I think it looks kind of like hydrangeas...

Unknown April 13, 2010 at 11:16 PM  

Ew, I love it!! (love your running commentary too lol) I have just the spot for it. Yay!

Beansieleigh April 14, 2010 at 7:57 AM  

LOVE this idea!! The only thing is my house is not brown... And I'm looking for some pretty and bright Spring COLOR, so I think I might use some food colors for MY coffee filters! Thanks to both of you for sharing this tutorial. I'll be making mine soon!... Heading over to the Little Brown House right now! ~tina

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP