We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Derailed! New Stair Railing Look, Guest Project

22 April 2010

This simple project from Jenn @ Jenn's Corner of Heaven made such a  difference to update the look of their railing.  Don't you think it looks so good.  This makes me think I need to finish the railing on my stairs...  "Honey!!"(me, calling the person who is actually going to do most of the work!)

A couple weekends ago, during all the snow, we were stuck inside. A new project was calling my name.

Country Oak - the color of our stair railing. I think it was hip in the 90's if you were in your late 40's. It's been on the to-do list since we moved in, just wasn't a priority.

Once again, a project that took me nearly 2 weeks to finish.

Downstairs Before:


Downstairs After:


From Upper Landing Before:


From Upper Landing After:


Terrible light in the last picture. Today is overcast and I didn't have much sunlight. But I was too anxious to share!

I am loving dark hand rails.  I am going to do this too.  
(If you have seen The Blind Side, they have dark hand railings it in the house, and Boy-oh-Boy it is so dang beautiful.  I pretty much love all the architectural details of that house... Go rent it today if you haven't seen it!)

4 comments:

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic April 22, 2010 at 6:12 PM  

I would love to do this to my stair railing. My golden oak color definitely needs updating!

Kate April 22, 2010 at 10:05 PM  

We moved to our home last summer and put in dark bamboo floors making the oak look so tacky on our stair rail (as if it needed any help!);)

We've been putting it off because it will be such a task to keep it off the carpet and it smells bad, takes a long time to dry...I am totally dreading it but looking at these pics really motivated me, it will look so much better! Must start staining.... :)

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia April 23, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

This turned out so beautiful! We did the same and it makes a huge difference!
Take care
Kristin

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP