We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Fun in the Kitchen, Guest Project

22 April 2010




I have been seeing these little kitchens on the internet for a little while now, and I just had to share this one, I can't wait till I get to make one for Etta.  From Twice Lovely, a Tres Chic play kitchen:

Word of the day:
mon·o·ma·ni·a (mon-uh-mey-nee-uh) n.
1. Pathological obsession with one idea or subject.
2. Intent concentration on or exaggerated enthusiasm for a single subject or idea.

I confess, I've been somewhat of a monomaniac this week, or rather a duomaniac, since I've been intently concentrating with exaggerated enthusiasm on two projects this week. It's been a glorious convergence of a) Spring Break (ie. not having to drive into town to drop off or pick up kids from school) and b) Spring Weather (upper 60s all week , kids playing outside lots and lots.) This has left lots of time to devote to these two projects that I have been planning and accumulating the pieces for for some time now.

My oldest son attends the local parochial school, and I'm on the planning committee for the big Spring Fundraising Gala. After all the fun I had creating the Bugga Boo's Play Kitchen, I thought it would be great to do another one for the Gala's Silent Auction to raise money for the school. (In all honesty, I'm always looking for excuses for another project.)

Not long after committing myself to doing the play kitchen, I came across a twin bookshelf headboard on FreeCycle.org that I knew would be perfect for a puppet theater a la Infarrently Creative! With NO room for anything of the sort in our house, it would be destined for the Silent Auction as well. (I'm still tweaking the finishing touches on this project, but keep an eye out in the next couple of days for the pics!)

So, once I had decided to jump into another play kitchen, the first step was to find a piece of furniture that would work as raw material. I came across this small entertainment center thingy on the free section of Craigslist:


(Blogger tip #62 - Don't try to take a before picture while said item is crammed in the little space next to your car in the garage...)

After several weeks mulling over design possibilities, I decided to do a Tres Chic French theme, with a pale pink, black and white, a faux chandelier and damask curtains over the window with the view of the Eiffel Tower. I have to say, I am tickled pink with the results:



    

Since the piece of furniture was a big, fat FREE, I figured the whole thing only cost about $15 for the faucet, "sink", knobs and pulls, "window frame" (which is actually an old cabinet door that I jigsawed the center panel out of), the stuff for the faux chandelier, and the paints.  Everything else was stuff I had on hand.

Here's to hoping this little maniacal labor raises beaucoup money for the school!

Next up, the puppet theater!

'Till then,

Do you'all have any mini kitchen plans?  
I would love to see them!

14 comments:

Florida Life April 22, 2010 at 12:11 PM  

OMG. I LOVE this. And for free?! Wow. I wish I had a daughter so I could make her one!!! Maybe I can convince my sister that she has enough room in her house so I can make one for my neice... :)

So Sunny Day April 22, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

WAY CUTE!!!! I so want one.... for me... I mean, for a future daughter....ok fine, it's for me! :)

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Sandy a la Mode April 22, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

holy moly this is absolutely adorable! i love the soft pink paired with the black and white damask! people who can come up with "after" concepts like this from basically a wooden cabinet are just genius! there is soo much talent out there that i need to learn from!!

Chellie April 22, 2010 at 2:10 PM  

http://awholenewpurpose.blogspot.com/2010/01/from-10-dollar-entertainment-center-to.html
I made one for my daughter and stocked it up with fun wooden food from Melissa and Doug. It was really fun and her and my son play with it EVERY DAY!

Heather April 22, 2010 at 8:57 PM  

This is by far the cutest entertainment center kitchen redo I have ever seen! Absolutely beautiful :)

Anonymous,  April 23, 2010 at 12:44 AM  

I love this! I want to make one so bad and will definitely use this as inspiration when I do. I LOVE it!!! Thanks for sharing.

The Hip Hostess April 23, 2010 at 6:26 AM  

Now this is Pretty in Pink is I ever saw it! Every little girls dream. Outstanding job here!

Crafty Mom April 23, 2010 at 11:50 AM  

OMG! Im in love with this cute little kitchen, its amazing I just curbed an old entertainment center man am I kicking myself in the rear, I might just have to pull one of these projects together for my lil diva.

Im here returning the favor from friday follow, Im so glad you stitched on by because this project is so adorable.

Unknown April 25, 2010 at 11:08 PM  

i like the mini kitchen, it is so cute! I know one advantage of it, you can easily move it whenever you want to redesign your kitchen room.
John Taylor
perfect blinds liverpool Dress up your room without breaking the bank styling your room

John Taylor April 25, 2010 at 11:12 PM  

i like the mini kitchen, it is so cute! I know one advantage of it, you can easily move it whenever you want to redesign your kitchen room.
John Taylor
perfect blinds liverpool Dress up your room without breaking the bank styling your room

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP