We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Top Ten of 2009

31 December 2009

Last year I did a top ten, so I thought I would continue the tradition.  I think it is good to look over the year and see what you are thankful for, don't you?  You may see a theme... sorry, it is just the natural consequence of the greatest event of our married lives happening this year.


10. Trip to San Antonio. 
This has to be my favorite trip from the year.  My sister and her lovely family came to Texas and we met them in San Antonio for Valentine's weekend.  It is beautiful down there, I really want to visit again. 




9. Favorite song
I was listening to a holiday station in the car when this song came on.  Actually I had just arrived at home, so I waited in the driveway for 3 minutes to listen to the end of it.
I love the artist and her song. Francesca Battistelli You're Here. What can I say, I am a sucker for motherhood songs right now. But again the lyrics, her wonderful voice, the harmonies, and the spirit of this song all beautiful .... Ahhh... I loved it! You must listen to this one.

Here are some of the lyrics to You're Here:

Hold on now, I gotta take a deep breath,
I don`t know what to say when I look in your eyes,
You made the world before I was born,
Here I am holding you in my arms tonight.
Noel, noel, Jesus our Emmanuel!


You`re here, I`m holding you so near
I`m starring into the face of my Savior, King and Creator.
You could`ve left us on our own, but you`re here,
Don`t know how long i`m gonna have you for,
But i`ll be watching when you change the world.
I look at your hands, they`re still so small,
Someday you`re going to stretch them out and save us all
Noel, noel, God with us Emmanuel!



There is a second one,that is not exactly from this year, but I was in the car driving around again, and heard it.  I actually listened to the words, and was bawling my eyes out by the end of it. 

Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder
Here are the first two verses:

Isn't she lovely,   Isn't she wonderful,  Isn't she precious,  Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be,  Making one as lovely as she,  But isn't she lovely made from love


Isn't she pretty,  Truly the angel's best,  Boy, I'm so happy,  We have been heaven blessed
I can't believe what God has done,  Through us he's given life to one,  But isn't she lovely made from love


8.  Getting settled into the new house.   And planning our projects.... Yeah!

7.  Having our Annual Halloween Party after a three year hiatus. 
Our House in Asheville was too small, so sad!  Also, I finally got to be the three amigos... I've been planning that one for years!



6.  200+ Followers!
Hello! I am in awe... and so excited! I have big plans for this blog... I hope that the coming year we can really make this blog the place to come for tutorials, design, crafts, and recipes etc. So, send me some of your tutorial submissions! I need all your help!


5. Getting Chickens
Our little flock has been so fun to raise and enjoy! 
They are hilarious, I just wish a few of them could have been hens....



4. Having a Job
I am thankful that we have a job.  It is not a guaranteed blessing. 
At this time of hardship for many, I don't want to overlook this.


3. Giving Birth
It makes me cry just typing it!  I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to experience this. 
I thought I wouldn't ever get to, and it was a loss that racked me. 
I truly loved the whole experience, and can't wait to do it again! (no that is not an announcement!!)


2. Being Parents
There is nothing like seeing your spouse show love to your child to make your heart melt!  Or knowing that he loves that little child with all his heart and it only expands their love for me.  IT is one of the most fun journeys we have ever begun.

1. Etta
What can I say... This is the year of the baby, and it has been the best of adventures. I love every coo, and cry.  I love it all.  Everyday it just gets better and better!  We love you Etta!



4 comments:

Camie at "Home is where they love you" January 1, 2010 at 12:25 AM  

You are so talented! I was looking through your blog and realized I know your husband from high school. What a cool guy he was. Happy New Year!

autumn January 2, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

i can't agree more with #2. seriously, there is nothing more amazing than watching my husband with our kids. it melts my heart like nothing else in the world.

and etta is a doll. what an amazing year you have had!

Shirleybk January 3, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

Could Etta be any cuter!!! I love that pink hat. I've been in Oregon so I've missed the past week or so and am just catching up with all your posts. I'm looking forward to a full year of blog fun from you and am so happy you reached your goal with your followers and then some, that's awesome. Give Etta a big New Year's kiss and hug from us.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP