We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Stuffing You Full of Ideas...; Thanksgiving Decor Ideas

23 November 2009

Day 5 : Thanksgiving Week

Today I am thankful for my faith.  I am not sure where I would be without it.  My faith is a daily part of my life.  My beliefs guide my daily decisions in every part of my existence.  I know am blessed because of my faith.  It lifts me, and helps to make sense of the hard things.  It helps me to know why I am here on earth, where I am going when I am done, and what I need to do to get there.

I am thankful to God for his beautiful plan of happiness for his children on earth.  For the Savior who gave us the Atonement so that God's plan for his children would be complete.  I will do all I can to make sure I am following the Savior's teachings daily in my life.  The greatest comfort is that when as humans we make mistakes, the Lord is there to lift us up, help us see the better path and guide us to it!

"As we express our gratitude,
we must never forget
that the highest appreciation is not to utter words,
but to live by them."
-John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Well, I can't think of a great transition so I will just jump right in, I had such a fun time googeling for Halloween decor ideas, I thought I should do it again for thanksgiving.  I don't have all the sources, but for those that I have I will list them!  (They are kind of a mix of fall ideas too, that I think work for thanksgiving too)



Table and Place Settings:

(most images are from Martha, as usual, after all she is the Queen of the land of Domesticity





These two images are my favorites. 
The leaves in the hurricanes are fab. 
The second image had the best idea, see how the plates are all on stands?  They went out and bought some cheap plates and bowls and hot glued them together to make a footed platter.  TOO COOL!  I am going to try this someday, if not for thanksgiving then something else.


Last two pictures found on Tip Junkie and Furniturestoreblog.com respectively.


Misc. Decor Ideas.



Flower balls from Weheartit, Runner from Martha.

Leaf Garland from ohdeeoh.com


From Tatertots and Jello, next, from All things cupcakes


4 comments:

Amy November 23, 2009 at 10:33 AM  

very fun. and not to mention festive!! how fun. love all these ideas!

Deidra November 23, 2009 at 11:09 AM  

The bunch of grains/ grasses from Martha were the inspiration for my little sister's wedding centerpieces. So, lucky for me, I have a bundle all tied up in beautiful orange ribbon to display!

Shirleybk November 23, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

Hey Cass,
I was at a spaghetti dinner with a silent auction the other night for our Young Women and one of the plates for auction were full of these darling little turkeys made out of oreo's, mini. peanut butter cups, candy corn and whoppers. I know those are worth about a million weight watcher points but if you're hosting thanksgiving for some little people it would be perfect. I found pictures online by just googling oreo turkey's. They unfortunately weren't quite as well done as the lady did in our ward but still got the idea across. Anyway, just had to share. I'm hoping to make some for our Kmetzsch thanksgiving here and if they turn out I'll share the pictures on facebook. Have a great thanksgiving!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP