We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

If You Carrot All; Carrot Soup

22 November 2009

Day 4: Thanksgiving Week

Can you imagine life without our five senses?  I cannot, would life even be worth living?  I am thankful every morning to hear my babies cooing and cries to let me know she is awake.  And seeing her smile up at me when I come in and ask her if she is "awake-y".  I love caressing her soft wonderful skin after her baths, or smelling her sweet little shampooed head.   Now, while I have been tempted to eat her up, I have resisted!  instead I love to eat the wonderful things that the Lord has provided in this beautiful world!

About 10 years ago, my brother, the awesome chef, brought some carrot soup to our thanksgiving feast.  And it became a staple.  It is one of my favorite soups!  Technically, I make it year round, just because I love it so much!  And it freezes really well, so I make a big batch freeze half and get 2 dinners(or more) for the price of one!



The original recipe is a little sinful!  (but I will include my 2 point recipe version below)

CARROT SOUP

In a large 5 qt saucepan saute these ingredients together, until onion are translucent:
2 lbs carrots, peeled and cut into medium sized chunks
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 c butter

Add:
1/2 c Flour, stir in for a few seconds

Whisk in (slowly at first to get all flour lumps out):
1/2 Gallon Chicken stock (or broth)

Bring mixture to a boil and simmer 15 minutes or until carrots are very tender.
Pour mixture into blender and process til smooth.

** Please be extra careful when blending.  Cover the blender with a  towel, and hold the lid down.  Also do not over fill the blender, do about 1/2 full or less .  It can explode out at you if you blend too much **

Return to Saucepan, when ready to serve add:
2 cups Whipping cream (or fat free half and half)
salt and pepper to taste. 

That is it!  I am telling you it. is. SO GOOD

Carrot Soup for you fellow Weight watchers...
10-ish servings 2 points each

In a large 5 qt saucepan saute these ingredients together, until onion are translucent:

2 1/2 lbs carrots (I used baby cut carrots and didn't cut them up any more than that)
1 1/2  medium onion, chopped
3 Tbsp butter

Add:
1/2 c Flour, stir in for a few seconds

Whisk in (slowly at first to get all flour lumps out):
1/2 Gallon(8 cups) chicken broth
1 tsp garlic salt (to add flavor lost from cutting the butter)

Bring mixture to a boil and simmer 15 minutes or until carrots are very tender.
Pour mixture into blender and process til smooth.

Return to Saucepan, when ready to serve add:
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup milk
3 Tbsp light sour cream

So good.  I portioned mine out into a single serving, in plastic freezer bags.  Then laid them flat in the freezer to freeze now when I want a quick low point meal, I can just grab one little bag, thaw a little in some hot water to remove from bag and reheat in the microwave in a glass bowl.  *p.s.  I usually add salt when I am eating this, so each person can have the amount they like.

2 comments:

CourtneyB November 22, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

Oh man. I am SO making that this week, while I have visitors that might actually eat it (my family wouldn't touch it, I'm sure - but it sounds divine!). Yum! I'm excited!

Its So Very Cheri November 22, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

I found you from the DIY showoff and signed up to follow. I hope you will come on by and follow me as well.

cheri

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP