We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

A Sign of Gratitude; Thanksgiving decor ideas

21 November 2009

 Day 3: Thanksgiving Week


Today I am thankful for a job(well, my husbands job).  When his office all but shut down almost a year and a half ago now, and he got laid off it was a frightening experience.  We were surprisingly able to be cheerful, which saved us I think for utter fear and despair.  I realize that the Lord blessed us by the bucket load, and the hardships were not as hard as it could have been, but we definitely relied on Him daily.  I just would be so ungrateful if I didn't realize what a blessing it is to have a job right now.  I hope that you are as blessed in this time of hardship for our whole country, I guess the world, and if you are going through a job loss, I hope that you too will be blessed. 
Well, it seems to me that thanksgiving decor is almost impossible to find.  Don't get me wrong, I guess there are cornucopias and the like, but the stores go from Halloween candy to Christmas baubles in mid October...  So, by the time I started thinking I wanted some Thanksgiving decor nothing was there. 

Also looking on line, it seems that there are only table setting ideas, or fall ideas.  So, when I stumbled across this idea on Tatertots and Jello I thought, I could do that.

Needs:
6 similar sized, and colored frames (dollar store)
3 sheets of fall colored scrap book paper
The word "thanks" printed out in a large format, with the cool font of your choice for cutting out.
Some fall leaves (I got some at the dollar store/or you could grab some from your yard?)
Hot glue
Glue stick
Scissors

  • Purchase frames, and get your supplies together.

  • Decide what font you like. 
  • Type the word THANKS out on the computer, (I did 350 pnt font at least)
  • Print the words out onto white card stock (you could just print them onto the scrapbook paper, but that gives you less options when arranging and finishing it up)

  • Cut each individual letter out
  • Layout the frames in an order you like, rearranging til it looks good.
  • Decide what scrap book paper you in each frame.
  • Cut the scrapbook paper to fit frame.
  • Lay out the paper and letters on top to see how it all looks



  • Add leaves where ever you like them



  • Glue in place ( I used hot glue for the leaves, because the glue stick wasn't working.  But I just used the glue stick for the letters)


Display somewhere that you will be reminded to give thanks!

 
"The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies;
but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and,
 as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find,
in every hour, some heavenly blessings!"

-Henry Ward Beecher

4 comments:

Carrie November 21, 2009 at 9:37 AM  

I love this idea! Great family home evening project. I may do this and bring it down to my in-laws for hosting Thanksgiving...Thanks for the great idea!

Nikipoo November 23, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

Cassity, I love reading your posts and seeing your ideas. You are wonder woman. Thanks for being so inspiring. Nichole

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP