We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

French Toast Bread Pudding

07 November 2009

I got this recipe from my recent House Beautiful.  I didn't want to make dinner, and I didn't have that much to make it with, so when I got this in the mail I thought I would give it a try.  It was really good.  (but took a ton longer than french toast!)




French Toast Bread Pudding
Preheat oven to 350

1 loaf of thickly sliced bread
(she said Challah bread, I had a loaf of Ciabatta and it worked fine!)
8 Large Eggs
5 cups milk (I used 1 %)
1 Tbsp freshly grated orange zest (I used dried)
3 Tbsp Honey
(next time I am going to use maple syrup, The honey didn't mix in, and I think maple syrup would make more sense in french toast rather than honey)
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 tsp Salt

  1. Place bread in 2 layers in a 9x13x2 inch pan
  2. In a large bowl beat eggs, then add milk, honey, orange zest, vanilla and salt mix thoroughly.  Pour mixture over bread press the bread to soak completely.
  3. Place the filled baking dish in a larger roasting pan, add hot tap water to the roasting pan, to come an inch up the side of the baking dish.  Cover the roasting pan tight with tin foil, tenting it so that the foil doesn't touch the pudding.  Make two cuts in the foil.  Bake 40-45 minutes then remove foil and bake another 45 minutes until the custard is set and the pudding puffs.  ( I had to bake mine about 30 extra minutes because when I put a knife in it came out all wet, I used a deeper baking dish.) 
  4. Let cool slightly, then cut into squares and serve with maple syrup and powdered sugar if desired!


1 comments:

Anonymous,  December 14, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

Yummy! I love Bread Pudding....Can't wait to try this recipe.......xoxox nanna banana

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP