We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Designer Naps

09 November 2009

Now that my little munchkin is around, I have needed  to rethink my creative process.   It all has to be done within 45 minute periods, or be able to wait, until the next nap.  It also has to be cheap.  And guess what, spray paint fills the bill for both needs.  It is fast, drys in 45 minutes, is cheap and gives is a fun quick change. 

I got two free chairs from my internship that had been crushed in shipping.  Justin and I nailed and glued them back together!   I wouldn't say they are perfect...  In fact. I really think they are a bit disproportionate, but I fixed one on Tuesday.  I did it in about 3 naps and it looks 100 % better.  In my opinion!  What do you think?

It cost only 2.96 for spray paint.

The fabric was a sample from Decorators Walk, that I got in college. 

Here is the Before: (technically the chair isn't even really wood, it is that foam junk that is painted to look like wood)

After: Painted Black and recovered.


I like the chair best with a pillow because the back is too big for the size of the base. 
Not everything is better super-sized, especially furniture it loses it's proper scale and balance that way. 

Love it or hate it?  Let me know!

8 comments:

Carrie November 9, 2009 at 9:29 AM  

I love it-the fabric is great. Another great project!

I am so glad Crazy Tracey is gone from the Biggest Loser! She looks awesome! I think she made some poor choices on the show and they capitalized on that and made her the bad guy. I love that show. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

The Arrrrrgalls November 10, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Love it, love it. The "new" chair looks like it just came out of Potter Barn!!

Flory February 11, 2010 at 11:26 PM  

now that's more like it!=)

follow me:
living Creatively with Flory
http://flo-ry.blogspot.com/

Marianne February 12, 2010 at 4:59 AM  

I like it better after the makeover, but I was looking at it thinking that the photograph must have made it look distorted because it looked out of balance. And then you cleared that up, the back is too big for the base. But you fixed that quite nicely with the additional pillow.

Fawn February 12, 2010 at 8:35 AM  

Wow, she's a beauty! Love the material, and the new chair color. Turned out great!

Miss Mustard Seed February 17, 2010 at 8:01 PM  

That fabric makes the chair. It has a great shape and looks so chic painted black. The choices you made with this chair made it a stunner.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP