We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

The mother load!

09 June 2009

Saturday night I decided that I needed to read a book. I just finished re-reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer, and was sort of craving another book. I called my friend Maria, who much like me, likes to collect her favorite books and she said she had a few for me to try. I know have 7 books, that should fill the bill for reading in the next week. My reading was a little delayed- as explained below, nut I finished one today and excited for the rest. (I may start adding book reviews to this blog)

With my craving for books handled, as I drove home I noticed a bunch of boxes and black bags at the end of a neighbor's driveway. My ever acute prego nesting eye, saw the telltale pink... and I immediately pulled over.
We all know by now, I am a lover of all things FREE!
(I know some of you are cringing at the thought! But I am just giddy with happiness!)
I marched straight up to the door, I knocked. I just had to find out what they were planning on doing with it. I asked about lice and fleas, none whatsoever. (I'm shameless, I know...). The man said his daughter had just been de-junking. WAHOO!
I loaded my entire car with boxes, frames and bags of clothing!! See the haul below!
I took it home and asked Justin to unload, he looked at me warily, and said "Are we becoming hoarders?..." I laughed and said I would go through it and only keep what we needed and donate the rest.

And oh what fun it was to go through!
I got:
A bag of clothes for my friend's daughters,
A bunch of things for my Etta, all freshly laundered and divided- such adorable things! (pictured below)
Baby toys, that have been scrubbed, disinfected, washed and or dish washed,
Some great frames for art
A bunch of clothes for myself
A bag of clothes to sell at the baby consignment store,
A bag of great clothes too small for me, but perfect for our stake relief society swap.
It was such a wonderful blessing, and I really want to share my thankfulness! I feel so looked after. I really know it was an answer to prayers, as Justin and I have been trying to live within a tight budget, saving all we can. We have had so many wonderful things provided for us, from our dear friends and their lovely daughter's hand-me downs, to the wonderful baby shower, we have really been provided with all we need for this lovely daughter, so I just want to thank everyone that has given us these wonderful things, and my dear Father in Heaven for watching out and providing for us so lovingly!
P.S. Also thank you to all for the great dinner ideas, keep um coming!- And I will try to share some of mine as I get the chance!

9 comments:

CourtneyB June 9, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

Wow, what a find! I can't believe they were just throwing all that away! Congrats - that is such a blessing!! (:

Marsha June 9, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

What an awesome find. I love all things free too and Larry's mother let me go through 3 bags of clothes from his aunt's foster daughter. Ruby is now taken care of for the winter and Savannah lucked out with a weeks worth of jeans. I love it. Congrats on your find.

andrea wardle June 9, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

What a great find. You have a knack for finding great things for FREEEEE!

Sharla June 9, 2009 at 8:46 PM  

Jeff brought me this huge bag of stuff tonight. I asked, oh did Cassity come by? No, she gave it to me on Sunday. Ooops, well, I've sorted through the goodies and there were some great things in there! Thanks for sharing the find!

Denise June 10, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

Oh, how great and sweet! You have an idea for good stuff, even if it is just sitting in a bag at the end of a driveway.

Now when the heck are you going to move back to Cache Valley dang it...

Heidi June 10, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

How wonderful! What great things!

As far as dinner is concered...I must tell of my favorite, most recent, recipe book purchase.

What's for Dinner
by Maryana Vollstedt

Love, love, love it!! Many great dinner, lunch, snack ideas. The recipes are delicious, using wonderful fresh ingredients. Oh my mouth is watering! I think I got my copy from amazon for maybe seven dollars. If you want to drop me an e-mail dallas_heidiwilcox@hotmail.com I will send you a sampling of my favorites from the book so you can get an idea of the recipes!!

Melissa June 10, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

I also love free things!! Nice find. I am SO in love with your bassinett!! Great job. I had no idea you were that talented! It's just not fair. You were blessed with not only an awesome voice but also with the ability to create things of beauty.

Bobbi June 11, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

It has been one of our biggest blessings to both be the youngest in our families, every time we visit family we bring home bags of stuff for our little girls. Free stuff is wonderful!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP