We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

I'm Screaming!

11 June 2009

For ice cream that is, cuz hey it's almost officially summer.
The other day while doing a quick run through the grocery store, (we only needed milk, what did we leave with?.... Well that is another story)
On the way by the ice cream isle I had a craving.... for ice cream sandwiches! Doesn't that just sound good?
I turned down the isle to pick some up, and got distracted by the double fudge brownie ice cream- oh pregnancy,... oh chocolate. I totally forgot what it was I was headed down the isle for.
Well the craving did NOT disappear, I remember that as soon as I got home. I found that I still needed ice cream sandwiches. But I wasn't going back....
I opted to make some.
Here is the recipe. SUPER easy:
Ice Cream Sandwiches:
Vanilla ice cream (set aside for 5 minute before use)
----
Cookies:
1 box devils food chocolate cake mix
1 cup Crisco (I never said it was healthy....)
2 eggs
----
Mix together, then spoon batter onto a cookie sheet.
Bake 350 for approx 11-13 minutes.
(Time is really up to you, if you like the cookies crunchy go longer, chewy go less- this recipe is usually for homemade Oreo cookies, with cream cheese frosting, so you can try that too)


I use a cookie scoop, it keeps the cookies uniform. I got a nice one at Wally world for about $5.00 (after purchasing the pampered chef version that broke the first time I used it, then the replacement did the same... and when I got the Walmart version I saved about $7.00)


They may be slightly puffy when you pull them out. I just drop the pan about 6 inches, onto the stove top to make them fall, and be a little more dense, although they may just do that on their own.


I let the vanilla ice cream sit out for about 5+ minutes. Then just sliced it and shoved it in between two cookies. Then you need to let them freeze for about a day, I just place mine stacked in a gallon freezer bag.

Warning: These are addictive.

Caution: If feeding to children, do so OUTSIDE, they are crumbly little buggers, and who want to clean up the mess? Not I!


If you make these tell me what you think!

9 comments:

Marsha June 11, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

That looks so yummy. The weight watchers recipe for ice cream sandwiches is chocolate graham crackers with whipped cream. Wrap in wax paper and freeze till whipped cream is frozen. You will be amazed out how much it tastes like the real thing.

Bobbi June 11, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

Thanks for this fabulous idea, we were in need of a little kitchen food kraft this afternoon that had ice cream!

Remodelaholic June 11, 2009 at 6:18 PM  

I thought I should let ya'all know I have tried butter before. But the consistancy of the baked cookie is different. It thins way out on the edges, and is not as uniformally cooked. Just FYI, although, the cookies are good, either way, I just have to admit, I prefer the crisco.

(I think I have even tried applesauce, but that just makes mini cakes, you need some grease in there)

Trevor and Amy June 17, 2009 at 2:14 PM  

These look soooo yummy! I'm going to have to try them. Thanks for sharing! You look so cute with your little belly! You guys are always doing fun things and keeping busy! It's fun to see what you are up to!

Ben, Krissy, Will, Lil and Lulu June 18, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

You are so creative. I'm going to have to try to make those. They look yummy. What a fun mom you will be! We are so happy for ya'll!

Scheewe July 12, 2009 at 10:50 PM  

have you tried the triple choclate fudge cake mix & use 1/2 or 1/3 cup oil (either works fine i've done it both ways & the squish some good old mint choc. chip-& remember the kids like the "green one" :) they look pretty & not too crumbly to feed kids indoors.
love & miss you!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP