We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Washing spree

18 May 2009

Happy Monday!

Today is an unscheduled washing laundry day. I have about 17 loads to do. How is that possible with only two people? (I realize to all you seasoned mothers of 18 or even 3 this sounds like nothing, but still, yuck- 17 loads? really?)

About 3 weeks ago our washer decided to spew water all over our laundry room. The culprit was found, the part was ordered. I washed six loaded of laundry by hand... (lazy or crazy, not sure which) The part was waited for, and finally arrived a week late. But guess what, wrong part, they charged us $12.00 for a screw. Yes, that is what I said, a single screw.

We drove to a local repair shop, to see if the part was there. Yes, victory! (why didn't we do this 2 weeks ago) They had it on hand, a bit more than 12.00, urgh, but available for pick up. We got the part.

Justin was finally free to install it Saturday. We had enough time to wash one load of unmentionables before Sunday. I don't do laundry on Sunday, sabbath and all so now, I have everything and it's dog to wash, including every single rag and dish towel in my house! But I already have about 4 loads down and plenty of day. And it totally beats washing the stuff by hand- we have no idea how blessed we are as a society to have washing machines!

4 comments:

Deidra May 18, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

If you had to wash everything by hand you wouldn't have 17 loads worth to wash. Ever! One or two outfits and just the necessities!

(Beyond handwashing, I'm glad I don't have to go to a laundromat for our laundry!)

MammaMelgar May 18, 2009 at 9:46 PM  

I have had my new washer for a couple of weeks now and I still have not caught up with laundry.

Noelle May 19, 2009 at 2:56 PM  

It is great you have a handy husband who can fix the washer instead of having to buy a new one!!

I finally figured out a way to keep up with my laundry. I tried having a "laundry day" when I worked on laundry all day. That was good sometimes, but I was never consistent. Now, I HAVE to do 10 minutes of laundry every day (except Sunday). I usually end up doing a little more, but mentally it is good for me to do a little every day. I think, "Ten minutes isn't very much" and so I do it and then I can keep up. I also have been keeping my room and bathroom clean with the same "10-minute" philosophy. I have never been good at it before, but I have even been making my bed every day for about two weeks!! It is truly a miracle :) Some people are so good at keeping their houses clean. I am trying to create systems that help me improve!!

Good luck on the 17 loads!! Yikes!! Who knew two people could have so many clothes etc!!

Love you!
Noelle

Kristen Shumway May 20, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

In Brazil, you don't have the option of using hot water in your washer, at least they don't have temperatures on the machines, nor hot water in the pipes to the washer. When we want to wash our whites in hot, we have to boil water and soak them, or a few of them, in a bucket. Hurray for the USA!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP