We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

I showered.

28 May 2009

I know you are all glad to hear that I shower. But, actually, I am talking about my baby shower, which was only the BEST baby shower of all time. THANK YOU EMILY and all her helpers for such a wonderful event- it was worth the wait!


As the guests arrived, we received a crazy celebrity baby name (taped to our back). We had to try and guess what it was. There was a lot of good natured, helpful clues and about everything short of actually cheating- because seriously, who would ever have thought of "Pilot Inspector" as your first born son's name? Sorry, if I just shattered your reality!

Here we are hanging out really close to the food. Which was heavenly! We had the best fresh fruit, dipped in a beautiful chocolate fountain. Cheesecake stuffed strawberries- I kid you not! Darling strawberry, baby rattle cupcakes. Pickles cuz I'm prego and much, much more. Oh, and of course she had my most craved food- steak! What a meal! And yes I went back for seconds...
I was so psyched to start. Here is the before. Yes, I do look really pregnant for sure! Etta is really trying to make herself as comfy as possible in there I think she may have moved in some furniture, like a crib, and refrigerator to make it more comfy til she has to come out!
We played 3 more games. The first was "Guess Who". Emily had contacted both Justin and my mother and asked them 20 questions. Then she had a list of Cassity or Justin specific childhood traits and we had to guess who was who. (I didn't even know them all for sure!)

Then "What am I wearing", where everyone looked at my outfit for 10 seconds. I left while they wrote down everything I had on, and whoever had the most correct detail won. I was doubly thankful that I had in fact showered!

After that they made me some great hats. Good for Sunday strolls, no need to bring the diaper bag. Here are our models, then of course I got to try them on too. (and later I made Justin do it too, and he did, because he is such a good sport)



And then it was present time. I was totally blown away. I was given the most wonderful things. To start was a special treat. Emily gave me an entire first year scrapbook she had made. And it included letters from family, all the local ladies, my dear girlfriends in Asheville and some of my dear friends from college. WOW!

Then I got the sweetest surprise of a video of my friends from Asheville. Leslie you are amazing. I bawled my eyes out, in front of everyone! It meant so much to me to see all these people I love so much, my whole soul misses them! Here is the picture of me explaining to everyone who this is.
Once my nose was good and red, it was time to open the other wonderful things people had lovingly prepared for Etta and me. I unfortunately had a slight problem with closing my mouth apparently! My jaw was dropped the whole time. Oh, well isn't it time I add some not so lovely pictures of myself to the blog? Okay! I wasn't able to get an image of every gift, some came out blurry, but I am thankful for them ALL.

Obviously from the expression on my face , the caption for this first image, said in a very valley girl tone is: "Dude!" Dramatic pause, "Shut! - Up!" I was obviously excited. Thanks to all those who contributed!!! And Shirley, you can totally buy me any girl outfits you ever fancy- I love them all!



I had a quick lesson of how you use my awesome "modest milker" shield. I guess it's time I find out what those things are for anyway. Shocking!



Even my older furry children were not forgotten. Kitty and Buddy are thankful to their cat friends Burt and Pumba, for their gift! And, oh my this diaper cake was loaded with goodies! Thank you Amy and Elva. I was going to leave it be for a few days and just admire it, but Buddy found the curled ribbon, which is his favorite appetizer(that is really dangerous for him too eat). I removed that, which took off the cellophane wrapping and went crazy taking it all apart- then, to my horror, I realized I hadn't photographed it!! So sad!



Here are some of the details of a few gifts, because baby girl stuff is so darn cute!

After the shower I had Justin come over. (He was home building his baby chicks a home)
He was excited about everything.
It was a wonderful day! Thank you for the love and support everyone has given us. Let the countdown really begin!

8 comments:

Anonymous,  May 28, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

that's right folks....I've done it again! Cass really it was a huge honor throwing you this shower, thanks for getting prego so that I could give you the shower of your dreams.

CourtneyB May 28, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

Wow - kudos to Emily for throwing such a fantastic shower! I was so, so sad that I was sick and had to miss it - I really wanted to come! It looks like a total blast, and oh my goodness, all those little girl things are ADORABLE!!! (:

Marsha May 28, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

looks like you had a wonderful shower experience and some awesome friends there in Texas. Very jealous of the beautiful baby blankets. She is going to be one spoiled little princess.

InkMom May 28, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

Yet another reason I hope this next baby is a girl:

I WANT THAT TUTU!

Sharla May 28, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

It was an awesome shower and taking photos of you made it even more fun! Such joy!! I'm sure that helped make it feel more real to get the stuff to help you feel more ready!!

Denise May 28, 2009 at 11:27 PM  

Okay-your baby shower rocked! HOly cow! You received such amazing gifts. What amazing friends you must have! Oh, I miss you...move back to Logan....NOW WOMAN! hA!

Denise

C. Leah June 2, 2009 at 5:57 PM  

Wow, you DID have a good shower!! I'm so happy for you, even though I wasn't there. ;)
And that was really nice of Leslie to make that video...she is so thoughtful! :)
P.S. I'm so bummed about going private on my blog...(and it's somewhat long story as to why) but thanks for giving me your email!

Ellen February 23, 2010 at 9:14 AM  

congrats on the baby! Sounds like it was a great shower! We are "working" on our second and if a girl, we were planning on giving her the name Ella, but Etta was a close second! :) Cant wait to see the pics of the baby!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP