We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Preggers

27 April 2009

So Friday was a busy- not highly productive day. I started off hanging with a friend doing some work on a "secret" project. Justin got off work at noon and we were off- "thank goodness it's Friday" for the extra time that we get to be together I love it.

I had an appointment with my midwife at 1:00. Everything was normal- good! But, I had to drink a big old bottle of cough-syrup flavored, sugar drink and wait an hour to see how my blood sugar is. Haven't heard anything yet, hopefully it's okay.

After the appointment we ran to get lunch at a bakery- that has the best tomato basil soup in the most delicious bread bowls! (I needed my second lunch- heaven forbid I last three hours without eating- but seriously I can't try unless I am near a porcelain receptacle, not that I fight the need to eat, pretty much ever!)

So, I ordered the soup in a bread bowl, and jumped in the car, realizing too late that we really needed a drink. We had decided to run to Babies-r-us and Target to get registered for our upcoming shower. On the way, we stopped by a fast food restaurant and got a huge drink to share.

We stopped in the parking lot of Babies-r-Rs (which is 20 minutes from home) to eat. I pick up our huge Sprite and POP! the top flies off. The cup cannot hold the pressure of my grip so it sorta folds and 20 oz of sticky, wet, mess flies everywhere, especially congregating on my seat in between my legs, soaking into my jeans.

Now it looks like I have TOTALLY peed my pants. I am not just saying like a little spot- NO soaked, and in the exact location where said soaking would naturally occur.

There is no way I am going into the store like this- I have got to change my pants- note to self, bring extra pants along in car!

Luckily we had some of Justin's work shirts needing to be dry-cleaned in the car, I wrapped one around my waist- oh wait, don't really have a waist anymore- but you get the picture. Then I held my huge purse directly over my front side, and ran into Target.

I searched for something to wear, not too expensive, since this purchase unplanned and bought a skirt.

Please tell me that you've done something like this too?

By the way registering is like the scariest thing I have ever done- 10 foot tall isles by 40' linear feet of bottles alone, how do you navigate a store like that?

7 comments:

Julie M. April 27, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

AH! You should've just run around saying your water had broke!

On my internship I had been eating M&M's on the way to work. I worked a full day, met with clients, etc. On the way home I went shopping and was trying on clothes. There I noticed a big brown spot in a convenient location on my tush. Upon later inspection, known as smooshed M&M's. Never eat M&M's while driving.

partypooperspoyfair April 27, 2009 at 12:03 PM  

I'll bring by the table on Saturday- if thats ok! I don't get my new one until Friday after school. I also have the matching lamp tables if you want them too. I was going to use one for a night stand for Callie but she doesn't want it. I hope you like them. They are in decent shape- just knicks and scratches on the wood from the kids.

Marsha April 27, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

Thank you for the laugh.
On the registering side, I went to my very best girl friend who had a newbie and asked her what worked for their baby. She gave me so many great advice that no one else shared or thought of. Here is one for you, go ahead and get your nursing garment tops. They are wonderful and make nursing so much easier. No one told her, so she made sure to share with me.

Andrea April 27, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

oh no, don't rush out and get a bunch of nursing tops till you try them, everyone has their preferences but second and third times around i much preferred a regular old chemise top that's stretchy. wet pants in target where no one knows you is probably less embarrassing that wet round circles on your blouse at church :) i think a carpet steam cleaner should be mandatory on "registry lists" - if there is anything you will get your money's worth over a child's lifetime, that is it!!

MammaMelgar April 27, 2009 at 5:56 PM  

I once went a whole day with mac & cheese spit up down my back and no one ever said a thing. Actuallly it wasn't spit up it was a big patch of partially digested mac & cheese. I spent the day running errands and stoped and fed the baby between stores and at some point he gave it back and I was too busy to notice.

I agree about the carpet cleaner but not a steam cleaner because you can't use them on pet stains.

Dalton Family April 27, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

I was never lucky enough to have a story like that. I just always hurt myself. With my belly so big I couldn't see anything and I got so many cuts and scraps on my legs, still have a few scars to show for it. I was thinking you could have made it through the lines really fast if you told them you water broke!

CourtneyB April 27, 2009 at 10:38 PM  

First - you are awesome! Thanks again for your help last week! (:

I loved your solution for the wet pants - I think everyone has embarrassing stories like that. I know I do, but I shove them way, way down into my subconsciousness so that I don't have to think about them. (;

I haven't looked at the bottle aisle in years. Are there really that many options? That's crazy! I hope you had fun registering, anyway!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP