We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Excitement and Questions...

25 February 2009

I just wanted to let ya all know what we are up to. I am 18 weeks along and getting more and more excited. We get to find out what we are having on Friday- Yeah, I know ONLY two days. I hope the babe cooperates. I am ready to get past this not knowing, and I wonder how do people NOT find out?


I think I could only do that if I already had a boy and girl, but really I would still find out because I am a chronic planner. I can't even allow myself to think of names...


I just NEED to know first.


Meanwhile, I got 2 huge boxes of maternity clothes from all my wonderful sisters.


I tried on everything, and yes, if I wanted to see the full effect, I occasionally stuffed a pillow up my shirt. (But I'm telling ya, it just isn't the same as that cute round belly!)



For the last few weeks, I have been getting excited to start showing. I still haven't gained a single pound, I've lost a few. But surprisingly, when I decided I hated having the maternity clothes just laying on a chair in my room and that I needed to hang them up, and that I could do it without throwing up, I decided to, just hang them up.


Well this required some cleaning out, in order to fit them in. I decided to try on all my pants. Just to see if some where too tight, and could be folded on a shelf until, well -whenever I can get them back on.


Now mind you, I have been wearing 5 or 6 pairs of my favorite pants pretty much day in and out, and can still button them no problems. But the other 25 pairs of pants... (I know I have too many clothes) there was a good inch and a half of space between the button.


I didn't even really notice. But then the other day I took a shower and was really looking at my side profile in the mirror, and there is most definitely a roundish little belly beginning.



I am SO excited!!!



But what is funny is when I mention that I can't wait to start wearing my 2 boxes of maternity clothes, everyone is so negative to me. "Oh you'll hate those just give it time." Well I assure you I have some good selections to choose from, and I plan on getting a few more pieces that I love. And I plan on looking dang cute!


Whenever I say I can't wait to start showing, all I get is the "Oh you'll wish you weren't as soon as you do!" And so I ask,


What is up with all the negativity?


Why can't I be excited to look pregnant? And wear my maternity clothes without being put down.


Granted throwing up for 3 months 8 times a day was not fun, I did complain a bit, but I was still thankful and happy to be pregnant. And strangely every time I threw up- I was somewhat glad to know that everything was still going strong.

And now that I am not throwing up- I am happy to be able to clean my house and dream about wearing my maternity clothes and let my husband feel the baby kick.

I will even deal with the swollen ankles and cheeks.

But please just let me be happy- no negative comments, and I will try to keep it that way too. I've been waiting a long time to be kicked in the ribs, have horrible heartburn, deal with the swollen ankles and cheeks, and I AM HAPPY ABOUT IT!

P.S. I'll try to get some good swollen ankle pictures at some point! For now I found this one online! Bring it on.


20 comments:

Bobbi February 25, 2009 at 11:09 AM  

That makes me crazy that people say things like that. Even with Claire I couldn't wait to show, and wear my maternity clothes--it just makes it all seem more real-and I am much too excited as a person about it! So I too would say bring it on!

brianne February 25, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

Hey Cass~I'm with you. Our first baby, I couldn't wait to show. By Baby #3, I couldn't wait to lose the weight again!! (And now I finally have, 19 months later!) But any way you look at it, being pregnant is an amazing thing and it's nice to actually have something to show for it (instead of everyone just wondering if you ate a little too much the last couple of meals!) I'm sure that you will be soooo darling with the cute baby belly! Don't go wishing those swollen ankles on too soon though ... let that wait for a couple more months!! :)

Corey Mason February 25, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

yeah! I am so excited for you guys. Can't wait to hear what you are having! We are still trying to figure out the name for our new little one on the way. Miles name was so easy, but know we are stumped! I'm glad you are feeling good~ Wish we could hang out!
xoxo,
Shelley

Julie M. February 25, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

Yeah, I'm not too crazy about getting big either. But with your cute little figure, you'll probably only have a belly, not the rest of the works (love handles, more but, fat face...) and so who wouldn't want to show with that?! :)

Names are hard! Good luck!

Sharla February 25, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

So I totally remember being so excited about getting to wear my cute new maternity clothes with my first baby! You have it better since you have 2 boxes just waiting for you! I hope I wasn't one of those negative frinds... but I may have been. I think the trick is that it's exciting to look pregnant, but when you gain weight in other places (hips, butt, love handles, wider chest, stretch marks, etc) it gets discouraging. However, you have definatly waited your share for this experience and I hope you find joy in it all! Unfortuantly the changes just aren't always what you expect ~ so sorry if I was a bummer! I'll be better!
I can't wait to know what you are having and I agree that I don't know how people wait and are surprised! That would drive me crazy. I hope the baby is good for you so you can prepare!

Cindy Killebrew February 25, 2009 at 1:36 PM  

I'm with Sharla! Amen sister! Sorry if I was one of the negative ones. I am a horrible pregnant lady. It is fun to feel the baby kick (until you run out of room) It is a sign that something is moving around in there and that all is well. I can't wait for you to find out!

Heidi February 25, 2009 at 2:32 PM  

Bring on the Maternity Clothes!!! I, while trying to save money, held off as long as I could before I purchased maternity clothing. Stupid Plan!! because nothing but maternity clothing would do the last month and I kept kicking myself thinking, "Why did I waste all those months being uncomfortable, when I could have been wearing cute, comfortable maternity clothing all along." Sigh...I won't do that again! Did that make sense? Anyway, I love that you are so positive about it. Pregnancy and birth is a wonderful miracle!! Congratulations!! I've stalked your blog for awhile, but never commented...I think you are so awesome and I think of you often, especially when I see our ugly green chair downstairs that has beautiful bones, and I just wish I had you to help me make it beautiful again!!

Denise February 25, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

Ya, way to be positive! Pregnancy and the whole process of bringing a child into this world is absolutely amazing. I complained some when I was pregnant with Grant just because I was uncomfortable but there's nothing out there that compares to the joy of having a baby and carrying your own baby in that cute tummy! So excited for you!

Denise February 25, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

Ya, way to be positive! Pregnancy and the whole process of bringing a child into this world is absolutely amazing. I complained some when I was pregnant with Grant just because I was uncomfortable but there's nothing out there that compares to the joy of having a baby and carrying your own baby in that cute tummy! So excited for you!

Drake, Rachel and Olivia February 25, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

You are so right, when I was pregnant people always had negative things to say, but I was SO excited. I wore maternity clothes early because they are so comfortable. I loved wearing them! At the very end and especially if you go over due, women may be more "complainy" but at that point we have earned it. Anyway, just enjoy every second (as I know you are) and break out those maternity clothes now. By the way those feet look exactly like mine did for the last 3 months of pregnancy, all I could wear were flip flops until I gave birth! Luckily though your stomach gets so big you can't even see your hideous feet :)Isn't it great? Glad to hear from you and I am thinking of you!!!!

randivon February 25, 2009 at 4:41 PM  

I was just talking to one of my girlfriends who is due to have her baby any day now. She said that she was excited to have the baby but sad because she would have to go back to her regular wardrobe and leave her cute maternity clothes behind. I totally agreed with her! I love maternity clothes and being pregnant because it is the only time you can be round and not feel self conscious... rather, you feel cute! It is great! Now, all the other stuff of pregnancy (throwing up, being tired, etc.) can be tiring but in the end, you have this wonderful, amazing baby. And, I even find myself missing the feeling of being kicked in the ribs. That is weird, isn't it!? I am excited to find out what you are having!

Shirleybk February 25, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

I agree, the negativity is bummer. I still can remember comments made by well meaning loved ones about how my body would never be the same again and how uncomfortable the whole experience could be but I too loved being pregnant and couldn't wait to wear maternity clothes and started wearing them way too early but who cares. I also love feeling that baby move. AFter five kids I still feel phantom movement every once in awhile which is a fun little reminder of that short bit of time when it's just me and the baby. Can't wait to here what you're having. I'm voting boy after seeing that yummy steak you cooked.

Katie February 25, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

I'm due in 3 1/2 weeks and I have to say that last night my ankles almost looked like that picture. They were the worst they've ever been and this is baby #3. So I've been trying to put my feet up all day to prevent it from getting that bad again tonight but my sweet little 3 year old boy is WAY too efficient at getting into mischief and keeping me up on my feet cleaning up all kinds of messes that require disinfectant. Here's hoping he doesn't teach this new little sister all of his tricks! :)

Carrie February 26, 2009 at 7:10 AM  

I know exactly what you mean-I was the same way! You have waited a long time for this and you deserve to be excited to wear you maternity clothes! Some people don't get it and never will! I hope the first time you get to wear maternity clothes that you will post a picture of yourself-I know you will be the cutest pregnant lady wearing maternity clothes ever!!!

Nikkala February 26, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

Hope you don't mind I have been following along with your little miracle.
I'm sure you will be the cutest little pregnant mama in Texas. People are right, your body will never be the same...but neither will your home. Babies are totally worth it. Congratulations!

A Erickson February 26, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

Ditto Bobbi's comment. I think it is fun to finally start showing and looking pregnant! It is a great experience. Can't wait to find out what you guys are having!

CourtneyB February 27, 2009 at 6:51 AM  

I was so excited to wear my maternity clothes - I think I started wearing them when I was four or five months along and they were still totally baggy. I had some maternity outfits that were SO cute that I was really sorry to leave them behind!! I am excited and thrilled for you, and can't wait to find out your results from your ultrasound (and to see you in maternity clothes)! (:

MammaMelgar February 27, 2009 at 2:56 PM  

I had very terribl pregnancies and spent all of them on bed rest, But I would do it again in a heart beat. I never got to wear maternity clothes, but I always wanted too.

Emmy February 28, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

I thought it was kind of fun to start showing, and I didn't mind maternity clothes either. I guess it started to get anxious to loose the belly when people were asking if I was having twins :). I pretty much enjoyed the pregnancy experience. What a miracle, and I loved feeling that baby move.

Good luck with your next ultrasound. Hopefully your new tech will be a little happier to be there.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP