We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Deep in the Heart

17 February 2009

of TEXAS! (clap, clap)
Justin and I had the pleasure of hanging out with my sister Tiffany and her family in San Antonio this weekend. It was a much needed break! And it was so fun to chase after my baby nieces (and a little bit scary- in an "am I really ready for this?!?*@! kind of way) and hang with my very grown up nephews.
Here is our million photo journal/blog!
We saw four of the local historic missions. Of the four, we (almost) crashed 2 weddings, it was Valentines! The missions were very interesting and beautiful. Justin did quick 5-10 minute sketches of each too.
San Jose Mission,
San Antonio, Texas


Justin's first sketch

Hanging on for dear life, to my ever squirmy niece Alicia!
My GQ husband!
Smiley Sophia!


Did I mention how cute my nieces and nephews are?



Mission Espada
San Antonio, Texas

Albert, my brother in law, showing off a very fetching headdress!

Mission Conception
San Antonio, Texas
He is just so great!
4 months and starting to show, or just look fatter... Yea!
Leave it to the pregnant lady to bring snacks along.
This is such a good way to make friends with lovable chubby babies!
The boys just hangin' out Jarret, Chandler and Braxton!
The Alamo,
San Antonio, Texas


The River Walk
San Antonio, Texas
I would highly recommend the river walk to anyone who can make it to Texas! It was so beautiful. I could have been there all day and well into the night.
We also took one of the river tour, although we didn't do it til it was dark, which just made it all more romantic! Too bad, Justin wasn't feeling very well, he got food poisoning at the mall food court! It was a long sad night for my sweetheart! Cool glass sculpture.

A small series of stars, for all my friends,
You're a STAR!
Love from, Texas




Fredericksburg, Texas
We heard of a small German town, about an hour away in the hill country and headed over for the last day. It was such a fun street shopping experience. We had a great sausage, corned beef and sauerkraut lunch!

Did I mention that it was freezing? We checked the forecast and were told it would be in the 70's, well it was raining and only 50 degrees. Sophia had a crazy blowout! Tiff had to make a quick run to Walmart for replacements (it happened, twice.....) But you can't help but love those Baby Buddha Bellies!
The crazy hat isle was a hit!


Come visit us anytime!

7 comments:

Anonymous,  February 18, 2009 at 9:17 AM  

Aside from what you told me, it looks like tons of fun. Justin's pic's are awesome-I spect to see them in your house soon. We should go down there when it's warmer.

Gumby February 18, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

Sounds like a fun trip. Love seeing the artwork. And the Riverwalk is a must for anyone who comes to Texas. Forget the Alamo. Go on the Riverwalk!

Sharla February 18, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

It looks like you had a great trip! The sketches are great! I'm sure it was nice to get away and see some family!

Cindy Killebrew February 18, 2009 at 9:41 PM  

It looks like you guys had a great trip. We have been there once when Todd was a baby. Our boat actually wrecked. Funny story. I think it is so crazy how some people can just draw like that!

A Tale of Two Stevens February 19, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

I LOVE Fredricksburg! It's probably my favorite town in Texas. I did an interesting project there - I studied the German influence in Texas history. I interviewed people and took pictures, it was awesome!

By the way, I love all your photos. You are a GREAT photographer!!

partypooperspoyfair February 24, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

Looks like you had a great time in San Antonio. We used to live near there in a small town named Uvaled when Callie was a baby. We went into the city at least once a month for a run to the comic store for Shawn. Add me to your blog list, and I'll add you-
www.partypooperspoyfair.blogspot.com

C. Leah February 27, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

Oooooo...I loved San Antonio. I went the back in...2000? Anyway, it was awesome. I really liked the River Walk too! :)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP