We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Casualties

09 November 2008

Well, we are in our house, we have been in our house for a while now and I do have one bit of SAD, overdue news. We had a casualty one the trip over, and of course it is the one thing that I am always most nervous about.

The PIANO!

It all started the first time we moved from our very first home, a split level apartment. We had to move the piano up and out. A month or so before our move, our friends the Elisons had moved from the same type of apartment. They destroyed their rented piano by scraping the whole front on the hand railings.

So, when it came our time to move, I was like "Oh be really careful." Of course under the pressure of moving the piano, their memories of my explanation of what to avoid got short and until they heart my screaming plea " Stop your scratching the front!! ****!!! ".

Now every time we move, I am sick over the piano. Well, so what did I do? This time I made sure nothing was sitting on it that could harm it. Or so I thought.

Go back 2.5 months- picture this, I am packing up randoms in the laundry room, the notice a huge plastic container, I think to myself "I don't need this gallon of cleaner concentrate?" No, I'll pack it in a box that is marked cake pans, and not mention that there are liquids in there.
Fast forward 2.5 months, "What do you mean the piano is wet? @#%$!!!!!"And so, now, we need to have the piano restored (it was a wedding gift from Justin's parents, so maybe we will restore it for our anniversary gift to our selves). Luckily, the keys and actual workings are okay, it is just the very front and center of the piano, that is ruined. But lets look on the bright side, I can now have a beautiful black piano.

4 comments:

andrea wardle November 9, 2008 at 9:05 PM  

ugggh. that stinks! My piano was blonde... was. I refinished it to a beautiful deep cherry. I would never refinish another piano again! Get it done professionally! Mmmm... black....

Deidra November 9, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

It's moving time that makes me grateful we just have Chris's keyboard, which goes in it's nice (albeit huge) traveling case. We'll wait awhile to collect his piano from his parents house. Good luck with the refinishing!

Unknown November 10, 2008 at 5:19 PM  

That would be a beautiful to have it done black. Good luck at least it didnt get broken and not useable.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP