We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Stenciled Wall Master Bedroom

04 September 2011

***The Pinhead Project Link up will be Tuesday!  
Sorry I am not done writing my post!  
Can't wait to see you all tomorrow and your Pinterest Projects!






Stenciled Wall Master Bedroom 


I sprung this project on my husband about a week in advance of getting started.  This nearly caused a divorce because I told him that we could handle it without him and he wouldn’t have to do any of the work.  Well needless to say we did end up needing his help, he was not a happy camper but in the end he absolutely loves our new beautiful bedroom.


As you can see the walls were a dull beige color and everything was dark from the furniture, curtains and bedding.  The winter scene outside the windows certainly didn’t help!  Because the house is so old there was a lot of patching to do on the walls and since the walls are made of plaster, I recommend using Behr’s Ultra Primer and Paint in One.  It worked great for coverage and imperfections on the walls.



We started with giving the whole room a fresh coat of paint and using an accent color on a couple of the walls.  As you can see we tore the fan light apart and added a ceiling molding to give the lamp added appeal.  The light was originally all brown with a tan light fixture.  We used spray paint and Martha Stewart’s metallic paint to give it a new face lift.



Next, we used a stencil and the same Martha Stewart’s metallic paint to stencil the walls using a dauber brush.  Tip: You will want to wipe off the excess paint on a paper towel to prevent it from running underneath your stencil.  The stencil was really easy to use since it came with instructions, so I would say we did quite well for being our first time.




Pretty soon you have a completed wall that looks like a work of art.  It literally only took us one day to complete!

After all the painting and stenciling was complete, it was time for the fun stuff!  We started with buying the bedding, fabric for pillows and accessories to give the room a final touch.
Happily Ever After!




Remember the fan light?  Look how gorgeous it looks now; it’s like a brand new light for very little cost.  Also the rectangle mirror on the wall was a black frame, so we painted it with silver spray paint to make it pop out from the dark wall.  The black frames on the wall were in my garage tucked away with pictures of my kids when they were little. We took some of the same fabric we bought for the pillows and used it for the backing of the pictures, and then we used Ashlie’s handy Silhouette Machine to print the vinyl letters and place on top of the glass.  They turned out beautifully for virtually no cost!



From there we started accessorizing with things that we loved, to give the room that romantic feel and a place that we call our sanctuary.






We finished with a few minor details to give the room that final touch.  The drawer knobs were on sale for half price at Hobby Lobby and the chains for the light were very inexpensive at Home Depot.  We hope you enjoy looking at the pictures of our latest project and we welcome you to come back for more projects in the works.


All photos taken by Thru My Lenz photography             

                                            
This project was contributed by one of our fabulous readers! We love to share your projects with this great blogging community. So, if you have projects from kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, overhauled and repurposed furniture, spray paint updates you name it please send it in! Thanks for reading Remodelaholic!




More amazing stencil ideas:

6 comments:

Anna September 4, 2011 at 1:47 PM  

I love this bedroom! I featured it on my FB and Twitter earlier this week. I think it's gorgeous!

Anna
www.askannamosley.com

Rhiannon September 4, 2011 at 2:28 PM  

Beautiful, I have been thinking of some different handles for my black furniture, and now I know I want glass. The whole thing is gorgeous!

Lulu and Sweet Pea September 4, 2011 at 6:37 PM  

Oh wow! The stencil looks amazing. You did a great job & I love the color selection for the wall. Also, I LOVE all of the decor you picked. It's so classy & beautiful. I'm so jealous of your bedroom now. Makes me want to redo yours. Where oh where did you get all of the cute stuff to decorate?

banclothing September 6, 2011 at 10:44 AM  

Stencilling almost ruined my marriage as well. I promised my husband we would never do it again... but I want to after your post!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP