We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Screened Porch Envy! Outdoor Room

29 September 2011

Well, as the weather is turning back to bearable outside, I have found myself hanging out with the whole family in our backyard until dark!  We have been going through a LOT of bug spray, and still have mosquito bites everywhere!

One thing that I miss most about our last house is the screened porch that we had and I would LOVE to have one here.  I used to just leave the door open and let the cats and kids roam in and out as they pleased.  But let's be honest, if our yard was bigger, I have ALWAYS wanted a playhouse studio that I could go and craft in or work... all by myself!  (someday!)

Justin and I have been considering building in a covered/screened porch back there since we moved here and have some ridiculously elaborate plans... that will most likely not happen!  If we did though wouldn't it be nice to have the all season kind of space... yeah, I think so too.  In fact yesterday, we were walking through the little sample sun rooms they have in the parking lots of the big box stores...dreaming... So I thought it would be fun to look at some pretty inspiration shots.

I love how modern these are, and yet the wood makes them feel very warm!  
And I love how the doors open up wide to make it an indoor/outdoor space!

Um... and I really want that house too. The stone one... like I explained here.



 Doesn't the picture above just feel cold?  
I can practically see my breath fogging up, and I think I need some hot chocolate!  
Oh, I can't wait for winter!

 Images of garden rooms

I love all the seating... Wouldn't it be fun to just lounge around in this? 
This space actually looks pretty doable too!  Image source

I love the flowering vine on this one! 


Oh this makes me think of girls camp in Tahoe!




And this picture has been going around Pinterest for a while.  I love the idea of using recycled windows.

Okay so if you could have a playhouse for yourself, which one would you choose?
Modern?
Traditional?
Vintage?

I wanna know!

Remodelaholic is written by Cassity and Justin. Cassity has a degree in interior design and Justin is a landscape architect, so we adore everything that makes up a HOME! We love to share home remodeling ideas and projects we’re working on. From huge kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, there isn’t anything we won’t try to tackle (at least once!). We are in the midst of our third whole home renovation, (check out house 1 and house 2 as well, so there should be a lot more inspiration coming your way. We hope that you will stop by often for home design inspiration, tutorials, interior design tips, delicious recipes and what going on in our family life.

6 comments:

jandjhome September 29, 2011 at 12:27 PM  

I would definitely go modern. What great inspiration pictures. It's still nit bearable to go outside yet here in miami, but hopefully soon

The White City Project September 29, 2011 at 1:00 PM  

The gazebo photo above was the inspiration for my plans for my own gazebo/lounge! It's so inviting! I would love to have room for a larger structure like those featured.

Jacqueline September 29, 2011 at 2:50 PM  

I would totally build one to be my studio, and make it vintage and use old windows and doors and upcycled wood. I do like the last photo with the beds that would be awesome.

Cass September 29, 2011 at 3:07 PM  

Am I allowed to "borrow" all of your play houses- they look absolutely
fantastic!!!

The OutPost September 29, 2011 at 10:32 PM  

My husband wanted a mancave so we bought a cabin and put it in the back yard. It's about 400sq ft. We are actually living in it while we remodel our home. We love it and it was cheaper than doing a sun room..http://theoutpost-jackied.blogspot.com/
I love the garden lodge one.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP