We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Great Molding Ideas for you Home

20 September 2011

Hey Y'all... okay so this Wednesday is that last day of my guest series at Tip Junkie, and I am writing about using moldings in your home.  I thought it would be fun to highlight some of the best features and posts over the last few years that we have had here about moldings.

I am just SUCH a sucker for moldings.

Hopefully you will all get some new ideas, or great inspiration either way!

What a way to add interest to your room!  I dont' have a fireplace but... I am working on making a faux one  (or two) and Can't wait for them to be done!


This particular post is a guest feature, but we have been doing this for the last 10 years on our homes and I LOVE this trick!  So worth it if you want large crown moldings for less $!

In our house, the builder used cheap window and door casing for all of the base, but we dont' have the cash to replace it all... but We do have really nice tall 6-8 inch base moldings (where we have gotten to it) for about .20 cents a linear foot.

I love this idea because it makes your builder grade cabinets look custom.  It brings up your eye, and adds height to your room!

I know I show a lot of upgrades.  But honestly the reason I love upgrades so much is it just feels less wasteful to me... AND you get the look you want.  I think it is important to consider what can be done with what we have, before just chucking it the landfill!  Just my little soap box!  SORRY!



I love the look of wainscoting.  I just love the architectural detail it gives a  space!  What do you think?


This is one of the best ideas EVER!  Do any of you out there have a small bathroom?  Need some extra storage... then this is the answer... use up that space in your wall!


Remodelaholic is written by Cassity and Justin. Cassity has a degree in interior design and Justin is a landscape architect, so we adore everything that makes up a HOME! We love to share home remodeling ideas and projects we’re working on. From huge kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, there isn’t anything we won’t try to tackle (at least once!). We are in the midst of our third whole home renovation, (check out house 1 and house 2 as well, so there should be a lot more inspiration coming your way. We hope that you will stop by often for home design inspiration, tutorials, interior design tips, delicious recipes and what going on in our family life.


Please be sure to stop by 
Our Humble A{Bowe}d for today's mood board designs!

If you want to see yesterday's go here for mine

11 comments:

Ms.JayQue September 20, 2011 at 7:14 AM  

I love the look of mouldings in a home...so thanks for the ideas. Hubby and I definitely plan to do some baseboards and wainscoting ourselves

Vintage Restyled September 20, 2011 at 7:48 AM  

I am preparing to install moulding in our dining room. Love the last photo! That is just what I want.

Maury @ Life on Mars September 20, 2011 at 7:57 AM  

Love these ideas! We just added to the profile of our chair rail in the dining room and last night we started on the picture frame wainscoting. I LOVE IT! It adds so much character to a room.

Christina September 20, 2011 at 2:49 PM  

I am so glad you posted this, I've been wanting to do some molding above my kitchen cabinets!
xo

Deborah March September 29, 2011 at 9:33 AM  

Love love LOVE this post...and crown molding of course (lol)...thanks so MUCH!! Bookmarked for future inspiration.

Katie October 4, 2011 at 8:33 AM  

I love all of these tips! We added bead board to our kitchen island the first year we moved in (and also to the baseboards of our kitchen cabinets). It made such a difference. Love these ideas so much that I've featured them on Sew Woodsy today!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP