We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Fun Fall Sewing Project! Owl Pillow

08 September 2011

Fun Fall Project! 
Owl Pillow


I had my adorable niece in town the last week of August!  She is going to college this fall!  It is so crazy to think that she is already graduated from high school.  And I have to laugh at myself because I so have those moments... you know the " I remember when you were 2 and you got into my makeup and crushed all my eye shadows all over the floor..."  Which she did!!

But it kinda cracks me up.  Because as a kid you roll your eyes at the reminiscing of old people... and now I am that old reminiscing person, and it is amazing how fast time flies, and how our concept of OLD changes... (I am so not old!)  Here are some pics from her visit!





Anyway since she is going off to college, we went shopping at the mall a lot (and my favorite thrift store! it was 75 cent day!  We both scored big time!) but when funds were running low we decided that it might be fun to make something and that something was an owl pillow.  

I miss doing little simple crafts- we are in big project mode for our house.  I had a lot of fun doing it too!

Here is what my owl looks like!

We went through a ton of fabric...in search of the best!  
'Liza (my niece) did a cute round sleeping owl in all sorts of colors.  




I decided to stick to a fall colors theme.  I thought that it might be fun to use with my huge candy corn pillows, I used a lot fo the scraps of fabric that I had left over from my lighted ragamuffin garland (pictured below!)


Here is the owl coming together!

and sewn on...

Etta helped me stuff it, she was in love with it immediately!  (yes the house was a mess, I decided it was time to go through all the girls clothes and purge... We have a LOT of baby clothes!)



Here is Liza and Etta loving on their owls.






Would you be interested in a pattern?  
Let me know.... if I get enough interest I will try to make one!


Remodelaholic is written by Cassity and Justin. Cassity has a degree in interior design and Justin is a landscape architect, so we adore everything that makes up a HOME! We love to share home remodeling ideas and projects we’re working on. From huge kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, there isn’t anything we won’t try to tackle (at least once!). We are in the midst of our third whole home renovation, (check out house 1 and house 2 as well, so there should be a lot more inspiration coming your way. We hope that you will stop by often for home design inspiration, tutorials, interior design tips, delicious recipes and what going on in our family life.

15 comments:

At The Picket Fence September 8, 2011 at 10:31 AM  

Oh, I LOVE that and would totally be interested in the pattern! My kiddos would get a kick out of having their own owls and I could customize them to their rooms. What a super cute idea and how special to spend that time with your adorable niece! :-)
Vanessa

Lilliedale September 8, 2011 at 11:18 AM  

I know I would love it if you shared a pattern. They both came out so great!

laxsupermom September 8, 2011 at 3:42 PM  

So cute! I'd love it if you shared a pattern. It looks terrific in its fall colors, too. Thanks for sharing.

Maria September 8, 2011 at 3:55 PM  

This is adorable. Yes, I would love a pattern, please. Thank you so much. Who doesn't love owls?

Kim September 8, 2011 at 5:00 PM  

I would LOVE this pattern. My daughter is crazy about owls and this would be a great Christmas gift!!!

Kat's Purrfect Boutique September 8, 2011 at 6:25 PM  

The expression on the last picture of your baby,Lydia, is so priceless. She's getting so big, so fast! I have to admit I had to go searching for Lydia's name. What an expressive baby!

It's amazing how fast the kids grow. My neices and nephews are 14 to 22! My Godson just started college and is 18.

The pillows are adorable. Thanks for sharing!

rebecca September 8, 2011 at 7:02 PM  

Pattern please! :) I must make this for my kids for Christmas. Love it!!

Alibé Made September 9, 2011 at 11:33 AM  

I would love a shared pattern too...very cute! Did you make the bigger one that is on the couch with you too? Both are adorable!

Stephanie September 13, 2011 at 10:36 AM  

What a fun time with your niece! Such a cute pillow, the girls are adorable with it. I love the baby with her big grin, so precious. At first when I saw the picture of your niece I thought it was you and that you cut off your hair! So, see you aren't that I old, I thought she was you :) And if you are old, than I am ancient LOL

Anonymous,  September 14, 2011 at 6:07 PM  

This is adorable I absolutely love it! I wish I could sew! Things like this are definitely motivating me to learn though!!

Lindsay September 17, 2011 at 10:26 AM  

This is great! I love all the pics in between as well. :) You have really sweet little 'helpers'. :) Super cute owl! Thank you for sharing this @ Show & Share, I am so glad you linked up!

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com September 22, 2011 at 6:07 AM  

Featuring you over on my blog today! :) Thank you so much for linking up to my {wow me} wednesday party last week.

Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts

http://gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com/2011/09/take-look-at-you-pillows.html

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP