We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Coffee Table Face-lift! Adding Bead Board!

27 September 2011

Coffee Table Face-lift! Adding Bead Board!
                
If you’re a regular reader, you know that we’ve been making over our little old war-era bungalow one diy project at a time for the last several months. Unfortunately, I tend to bounce around a bit and not finish one room entirely before moving onto another project (I clean like that too, a little here, oh look that’s dirty, a little there). Things like the right light fixture for the kitchen and painting the hallway ceiling are still left undone.
It’s no different with the living room mini-makeover. I started out wanting to paint our pine tv armoire (apparently 92% of our readers wanted us to paint it to!). As soon as I had a coat of paint on it, I realized our old-school country coffee table needed a pick me up even more. (Yes, that is a heart cutout you see. Oh, the decorating sins I have committed.)


Being the insanely thrifty person I am these days and being unwilling to buy a new coffee table, but not wanting to look at the hearts for a moment longer, I had been thinking about how to disguise this cutesy throwback. I tried to use a long black runner across the middle of the table. It worked temporarily, but the hearts could still be seen from certain angles. Not cool. I thought of covering the hearts somehow, perhaps a square of wood or something. Um, yeah. Then I remembered we had some leftover beadboard /wainscotting in the shed from the kitchen ceiling project.

At this point I just have to re-acknowledge how AWESOME my hubby is. He not only puts up with my projects, he actually digs things out of the shed, stands outside on the deck in November with a table saw and does the stuff I am too clumsy to do. He even runs out of town to pick up a kijiji find after a long day of work (watch for that project later). Be still my heart – we are a match made in heaven!
Ahem. Anyway, back to the coffee table.
After Dean so kindly dug out, measured, cut and attached the beadboard, I painted the whole table with some leftover Behr Swiss Coffee (the colour of the trim in the main areas of our house).

And then I glazed the whole thing. Read about how I did that here.
TADA! Here is the finished coffee table.


What do you think – improvement yes? Do you have any pieces that could use a glazing makeover?   


                                
This project was contributed by one of our fabulous readers! We love to share your projects with this great blogging community. So, if you have projects from kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, overhauled and repurposed furniture, spray paint updates you name it please send it in! Thanks for reading Remodelaholic!


Wasn't this lovely?! Check out these as well!

19 comments:

Traci September 27, 2011 at 5:41 PM  

Ah yes, I have been a glazing machine as well. Love how the coffee table turned out! I just did an end table and it turned out great. Thanks for the inspiration as usual!

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms September 27, 2011 at 6:09 PM  

I love that you can take castaways from thrift stores and make them look that polished and sophisticated. Beautiful makeover!

Lindsay September 27, 2011 at 6:37 PM  

I Love It! I would have never thought of doing it that way...I would have seen the heart cutout and walked away. :)

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants September 27, 2011 at 10:28 PM  

Huge improvement! And as for the decorating sins, we've all done them! I look at the things we are making now and know we will look back 20 years and say... what was I thinking?

The Clay Trowel September 28, 2011 at 8:44 AM  

Fantastic job! I wouldn't have been able to stomach the heart much longer either....why is it that heart and decorating just doens't mesh? Anyway, AKA Design, it was a great inspirational piece.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP