We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Streusel Pound Cupcakes and Recipe Link Party on a NEW DAY!

10 August 2011

Happy Birthday to my fabulous husband!
JUSTIN- 
We love you!  
You are the BEST husband, father and friend I could have ever asked for!
Love, 
Cass, Etta, and Lydia!

(p.s. My great friend Destinee took pictures of us while we were in Asheville, I've only seen a few can't wait to see them all.  If you need a great photographer and live near Asheville NC go to Destinee Blau Photography!


Recipe Party on a NEW DAY!
Okay, so I know I said I was going to do this on Tuesdays, 
but as I looked at my schedule I think that Wednesdays will be the best!  Hope that is okay!

On to the recipe.  I have been really needing to clean out my fridge.  But haven't had the time, and things keep getting put where they shouldn't be, for example.  On the top back shelf of my fridge things freeze.  Well my third container of sour cream has migrated it's way back there and been frozen and ruined... I was pretty upset, cause I just got back from grocery shopping and I didn't buy sour cream, although i considered it, and sour cream is just one of those things that I have to have in my fridge at all times.. 

But once it is frozen, its texture is basically destroyed... but I did something naughty, I might just be a bad person for doing this but, like I said before this is the third container wasted, so I decided to try and bake with it, just to see if it could work.  And it worked fine, okay better than fine I think I ate 7 cupcakes yesterday....  I can't compare the results cake to cake,  but if you find yourself with still new but frozen sour cream... give it a try... (by the way this recipe is EXCELLENT with good PROPER sour cream as well!)


Streusel Pound Cupcakes
*makes a beautiful Bundt Cake-which is how I usually this them btw!

Cream together:
2 cups sugar (I left out about 1/2 cup, worked great)
3/4 cup Butter (softened)

Add:
3 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla

In another bowl combine:
2 cups flour (I used 1 cup white whole wheat)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp Baking Powder

1 cup sour cream

Add 1/3 dry ingredients to sugar, butter & egg mixture alternately with 1/3 cup sour cream until it is all combined.

Streusel mixture:
In another bowl (double this is you like it)
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 c Chopped Pecans (or almonds or walnuts...)

Grease pan (I just always use my spray olive oil, I know this might bother some people but it has never bugged me, and it works like a charm.  Pour half of the batter onto either your Bundt pan or 1/3 full in a muffin tin.  Sprinkle with streusel mixture; add remaining batter ans top with remaining streusel.

p.s. I also used half of the dough to make chocolate chip almond cupcakes.  I really liked them.  Just add chocolate chips and almonds to dough scoop into muffin tins and sprinkle with a few extra chips and almonds! 

Bake at 350 for:
Cupcakes, approx 25 minutes
Bundt cake, 1 hour


Party Rules:
Please grab a button for your linked blog post 
Please become a public follower of Remodelaholic!

Remodelaholic



** ALSO - I would be really thankful if when you try a recipe, you’d please link to my post for the recipe.  That way people can find and join our party, and we will all benefit from some extra traffic love!   If the recipe is a guest feature, please link to the original author's blog post that is hyper linked at the top of the page!

Thank you!

8 comments:

Christina August 10, 2011 at 7:51 AM  

Happy Birthday to your hubby! I love the sweet picture!
Thanks for sharing the recipe!
xoxo

Catie @ Catie's Corner August 10, 2011 at 9:45 AM  

Happy Birthday to your hubby!! Those cupcakes look too good. I'll have to try them. I'm sharing Strawberry Shortcake Cookies. YUM! Thanks for hosting. : )

The Kotlacova Cowgirl August 10, 2011 at 11:05 AM  

So I love your blog and just about fell off my chair when I read this post! Destinee is my sister-in-law's sister-in-law (if that makes any sense!)Anyway she does AMAZING photos! Small world!ha

Roeshel August 10, 2011 at 4:08 PM  

Happy birthday to Mr. Remodelaholic!

Okay, remember what I said about coming here? Bring home baked goodies! ;)

haha!

Have a great day!
R

Anonymous,  August 10, 2011 at 4:19 PM  

yum, those cupcakes sound so so good :) happy birthday Justin!!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP