We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

The Rain Dance! & Weekly Wisdom 2

14 August 2011

We have been stuck for almost 40 days in a record breaking heat wave... 40 days with 100+ degree temperatures (closer to 110) and no rain to speak of... until yesterday.  Our grass is almost dead, our zucchini croaked and our shrubs and trees have been suffering.  But no more, yesterday the clouds came and stayed! And it rained this morning as well.  I have never been so thankful for rain!

When it started raining, Justin and Etta went out to play.  I was holding Lydia, and didn't think she would appreciate getting soaking wet, as much as her two year older sister!  But here are some fun pictures along with so other fun rain inspiration!




(and because I can't show pictures of the big sister without some of the little one, here is Lydia!)



And since rain has been on my mind I thought I would show you some great rainy-day inspiration!


 So many other cute things on this post! Source

  I totally agree! Source
You can buy this one on Etsy here


You seriously need to go check out this blog!  I love the idea!  Source

Love this!  Source

I love that double full rainbow!  Amazing shot! Source

What and adorable mobile!  And it looks totally easy to make!  Source

Rain paint color!  I love this! Source

This is just such a happy image, yet another great art piece!


I love this as art.  I totally want to get a print and frame this!



Remodelaholic is written by Cassity and Justin. Cassity has a degree in interior design and Justin is a landscape architect, so we adore everything that makes up a HOME! We love to share home remodeling ideas and projects we’re working on. From huge kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, there isn’t anything we won’t try to tackle (at least once!). We are in the midst of our third whole home renovation, (check out house 1 and house 2 as well, so there should be a lot more inspiration coming your way. We hope that you will stop by often for home design inspiration, tutorials, interior design tips, delicious recipes and what going on in our family life.

8 comments:

COTTAG3 August 14, 2011 at 7:18 AM  

I thought I was dreaming when rain and thunder woke me up yesterday. We were so motivated to get out and do things in the cooler temps and cloudy skies. I have to admit I went out in the rain too for a little bit in the morning just to feel it since it's been so long. I'm fine that we didn't break the record. Beautiful kids you have!

Calypso In The Country August 14, 2011 at 7:58 AM  

It's finally raining in New Jersey too! It started last night and I enjoyed falling asleep to the rain! Looks like it will be raining hard all day!
-Shelley

The Clay Trowel August 14, 2011 at 10:16 AM  

WOW Lydia looks so much like you!!! I grew up in Seattle and it rained nearly every day....i do like the rain....usually. Your pictures made me really like it (today!)

Elizabeth @Port Of Thoughts August 14, 2011 at 1:13 PM  

The pictures of you and your fam in the rain are adorable!!!!!!! I think you need to frame those bad boys!

my thrifty closet August 15, 2011 at 2:02 AM  

I love all your rainy images, very inspiring. The raining mobile is so delightful.

Thanks for following me, following back. HAve a great week too!

love,mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Anonymous,  August 15, 2011 at 8:32 AM  

The rain was definitely a welcome change for us, too, from the unending heatwave. But man oh man those pictures are amazing. And I love the rain mobile! Very clever, very cute.

Tanya Anurag August 16, 2011 at 7:46 AM  

I love rain!! It was raining heavily on the weekend and hubs and I were planning to go out and get all wet but the plan never got executed. These pictures bring so much happiness :)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP