We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Eclectic Plate Wall Tutorial

29 August 2011

Eclectic Plate Wall Art

 For a while now I was trying to come up with an idea for my empty wall space in my dining room. I wanted something random & eclectic. I brainstormed a few ideas such as hanging antique colanders & antique kitchen utensils, which would still be a great idea, but then I was inspired by The Nesting place's random plate wall. Just the idea of an eclectic mix of white plates on a wall makes me a happy girl! So here is my adventure into hanging plates on a wall.. 

Wall Before...


After...



As you can see the wall above my cute little yellow bench was bare & needed some art work to liven the place up!

To get started...



This is what a plate hanger looks like.. I had no idea until yesterday that this is what a plate hanger was, so for those of you who are like me.. this is a plate hanger in all it's glory. Be sure to measure your plates before you go purchase your plate hangers, which I found at Lowe's by the way for $2.98 a piece. They have different sizes, so know your plate sizes before you go. Lesson learned.

Plate Progression...


Cell phone picture of how I started. I layed all the plates on the floor to get an idea of space & placement.. as you will see, This is no where near how the final product looks.



The first plate was a little scary to hang, not going to lie, it's hard putting holes in your brand new house's walls!



Progressing... Sorry about the bad picture quality & crooked plates as I was working.. It was night time & the lighting was awful.. & I was more concerned with placement not making them straight.



This is where I was stumped. I liked it. But it wasn't quite right, I wanted it to look more eclectic & less organized. Does that make sense?



Behold, eclectic plate art...

Finished Product....


















I hope you all love my eclectic plate wall art as much as I do! I am sure I will do some more re-arranging of the plates soon, and even add some more. But for now this is the final product & I will keep you updated on any future eclectic plate wall art changes!! Thanks so much for stopping by & don't forget to go to Liz Marie Blog Facebook to chat, share ideas, see updates that don't make it to the blog & more! Have a great day!!



This project was contributed by one of our fabulous readers! We love to share your projects with this great blogging community. So, if you have projects from kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, overhauled and repurposed furniture, spray paint updates you name it please send it in! Thanks for reading Remodelaholic!





I don't know about you, but I LOVE this wall art! Check out some more of these fun ideas!




4 comments:

Suki Lotti August 29, 2011 at 9:35 PM  

I know this is about your wall of plates... but I HAVE to say that I LOVE THAT BENCH! Seriously. Love.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP