We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Build a Rustic Shelf Tutorial

05 July 2011


Build Your Own Rustic Shelf, Tutorial

I have been trying to find something to fill up my wall in my living room.  I saw this fun shelf at Faded Country and I knew I had to make it.  I love the blogging world.  There are so many fun things to make!



Here is my shelf project.

Materials:
(1) 1x4x8  (cut the board in half so the wood is 4 feet long) (I had Home Depot cut my boards)
(1) 1x6x8  (Cut the board in half so the wood is 4 feet long)
Trim for top and bottom.
Wood Glue
nails (I used my brad nailer)
Something to hang it to the wall
Calking





 Opps! Just imagine the picture turned.


 After I had the trim on, I put calking on the trim and in the nail holes.  Let it dry.

 To get the distresed look, sand the board down so the stain shines through.  I actually put extra stain on the white paint to give it more of an antique look.
The hardest part of this shelf was the trim.  I have a hard time thinking about angles and putting them together.  I went through a lot of trim to get it right.  My husband does well at the angles, but I wanted to do it all by myself.   If I can do it, anyone can.  My husband did help me hang it.




This project was contributed by one of our fabulous readers!  We love to share your projects with this great blogging community.  So, if you have projects from kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, overhauled and repurposed furniture, spray paint updates you name it please send it in!  Thanks for reading Remodelaholic!


If you like this project check out these other great projects too:

4 comments:

Megan Gunyan July 5, 2011 at 5:42 PM  

So cute! I would love to make a version of this! Didn't Pottery Barn do something like this awhile ago, with a mantle? This is great! Thanks for the instructions.

Michele July 6, 2011 at 4:50 AM  

Great job! It looks beautiful, and I love the added accessories and pictures. Such a nice complete look. (I like when 'project' and 'complete' can be referenced together. haha)

Ruddy Lorrie July 6, 2011 at 12:19 PM  

That's awesome, I actually used this tutorial but used gutter guards instead of wood. With a splash of spray paint it looks really rustic.

Anonymous,  July 20, 2011 at 12:35 AM  

I really like this shelf! I think that I'm going to make a few of these for my guest room! Thanks so much for showing how you made it!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP