We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Black & White Painted Bathroom Remodel

27 July 2011

Black & White Painted Bathroom Remodel
submitted by Sweet Disposition


BEFORE: Dated, dingy looking, leaking faucets, ugly shower door. 




DURING: Adding another electrical plug, there was only one and we had to take turns to plug the flat iron, razor, etc. Doing the electrical work for two sets of lights, before there was just one vanity light in between the sinks. Nothing wrong with that but I wanted to have separated spaces for each sink. Taking down the shower door and the tile all around. Also the vanity top, sinks and installing a Bidet.

Bathroom During


AFTER: A contemporary bathroom. I’m so happy how everything turned out. We kept the vanity, we painted it white and bought new handles. Had a new top and demi-vessel installed. We cut the existing mirror in half and Randy made two new frames. The color pallet is Chimney Smoke from Valspar for the walls, Bistro White also from Valspar for the vanity, doors, window, mirror frames and baseboard, Pure White for shower curtain, rugs, roman shade and shelves, Brushed Nickel for faucets, handles and all other metal accessories. I love the 6 inch backsplash I think it brings together the wall color and vanity top so well.






My friend asked me why we have portrait pictures in our bathroom, she thinks is weird. I like to think that a bathroom deserves the same attention as the rest of my home. Why not to have a couple of pics there? I wanted my bathroom to feel comfortable and personal. She told me:-“ I for sure will turn the pictures around before using the bathroom, I don’t want you guys staring at me!” She’s so funny. The other weird thing we have is the Bidet. My husband spent two years in Argentina and he fell in love with them, he also installed one in our previous house. It’s for sure a conversation starter!!


bathroom finished 011


bathroom finished 013


Bathroom After

8 comments:

Tanya Anurag July 27, 2011 at 8:29 AM  

That is such an awesome renovation!! Though I am not very comfortable with the idea of black walls, I liked them here. May be it's time for me to do some re-thinking.
Those sinks are amazing... I loved the design. Hope to have such fancy sinks someday :) Also, the little shelves caught my attention. They make the bathroom look so beautiful.

-Tanya
http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

Belle July 27, 2011 at 11:15 AM  

Wow, that's amazing. I'm so jealous of a bathroom with room for a long counter. We can barely fit 36" in either bathroom. I've always wanted tranquil colors in my bathroom but this looks awesome. I especially love the double mirrors.

Honey at 2805 July 27, 2011 at 11:19 AM  

The black walls do look fabulous!

Hope you will please drop by and enter my $50 Overstock.com Gift Card Giveaway!! If there are 500 entries, they will increase the Gift Card to $100.
Honey

Steph @ Birdhouse August 3, 2011 at 3:26 PM  

I was thinking the before wasn't so bad, but I LOVE the after! It's stunning! Great work!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP