We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Off with their heads....I mean doors? PR 7

01 June 2011

Removing Kitchen Cabinet Doors
Progress Report 7

The next project that I am DYING to work on is my kitchen.

Maybe that is why I am so fixated on showing you great painted kitchen remodels... like somehow if I post about someone else's awesome remodel ours will magically -  Bippity- boppity - BOO! - start and finish itself.

A girl can dream right?

Anyway, our neighbors told us they are planning a garage sale in a couple of weeks so I have been filling up junk boxes so we can join them on the same day and maybe bring in a few more shoppers.  I just want freedom from junk... and plenty of extra space.

So, while cleaning of the top of the fridge (and removing all items from that top cabinet to sell, since I haven't even opened it in about 2 years) I decided to go ahead and remove the upper cabinet doors.

Before (from a while ago!):

After:

It may not be a huge "wow" project, but I can finally use that space, so YEA!

Before the doors were always blocked some dishes that sit on top of the fridge, and the cook books were on the book shelves in the front room(which bugs me, I'm a bit of a purist- cook books should be in the kitchen, where they are used or given away.  But now, I have a place in my kitchen for them and am not wasting that cabinet space.

So, for about 30 seconds of my time (the time it took to unscrew the doors) I have a much more useful space... until we rip out this cabinet in a few months!!!  Or maybe next week if I get too antsy!

What do you think?



Remodelaholic is written by Cassity and Justin.  Cassity has a degree in interior design and Justin is a landscape architect, so we adore everything that makes up a HOME!  We love to share home remodeling ideas and projects we’re working on. From huge kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, there isn’t anything we won’t try to tackle (at least once!).  We  are in the midst of our third whole home renovation, so there should be a lot more inspiration coming your way.  We hope that you will stop by often for home design inspiration, tutorials, interior design tips, delicious recipes and what is going on in our family life.

7 comments:

Rhiannon June 1, 2011 at 5:26 PM  

I've been thinking of doing that with either the cabinets over my fridge or my stove... it looks good but I dont know if I can keep it neat.

Jessica June 1, 2011 at 6:22 PM  

Looks great, and so quick and easy! The cabinet above the fridge is the one unused cabinet in our kitchen, it's hard to reach even though DH and I are tall, and we don't really have cookbooks and stuff to put in it. If we did, this would be a great solution for the unused space.

Anonymous,  June 1, 2011 at 8:54 PM  

I love it! My hubby and I ripped out our above-the-microwave cabinets when we re-did our kitchen too. No one likes unused cabinets!!

Sarah {The Student Knitter} June 2, 2011 at 7:16 AM  

wow, that's about the same size as our kitchen, except you have more upper cabinets than we do. Every little bit counts!

The Clay Trowel June 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM  

It will be a fun makeover.....I can't stand the MESS I collect above the refrigerator and those 2 cabinets. Looks good!

Ches June 2, 2011 at 1:22 PM  

This will be a fun makeover. We painted our oak cabinets and love how much better the room looks.

http://timetobeefocused.blogspot.com/2011/03/new-kitchen.html

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP