We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Creating a Calming And Serene Master Bedroom

24 May 2011

Creating a Calming And Serene Master Bedroom by MJ

Hello fellow Remodelaholics! I'm so thrilled to be able to share my latest remodel with all you wonderful fans! My name is MJ and I blog over at One Nutty Girl. When I started One Nutty Girl a few years ago I never imagined I could accomplish such a project like this. But, thanks to BlogLand, and all its wonderful inspiration, I have evolved into One Nutty Girl who can accomplish things she never thought possible! I'm obsessed with painting. I paint anything and everything I can get my hands on! It is cheap therapy and the best way to transform anything!

The Before and The AfterThe Before and The After


When board and batten projects began popping up all over BlogLand I knew that I wanted that look in my master bedroom. I also knew I was not going to do it until I could afford to lose my oh so nasty carpet. I dreamed about my coastal bedroom and planned it in my head for quite some time. Finally, we were blessed to be able to afford hardwood floors and the plan was set in motion. Previously I had done a practice wall board and batten wall here in my back entry way so I was really ready to go!

Painting Furniture
Painting Furniture

The first thing I tackled before the carpet was ripped up was painting ALL my bedroom furniture white. I painted a large armoire, 2 nightstands and a large chest of drawers. I also distressed the furniture and then waxed it. My first time waxing instead of using poly and I'm loving it!!!

The furniture was then removed from the room, the carpet ripped up {oh what a glorious day!} and the room was painted Benjamin Moore Silver Gray on top and Behr White in a Satin Finish on the bottom. In the meantime I had measured the room and gone to Home Depot to purchase the sheets of MDF. I had Home Depot cut all the MDF for me.

measurementsmeasurements

With the help of a handy friend with a compound miter saw and a nail gun {great people to know!} we had all the boards up in about 4 hours! He left and I tackled filling nail holes, calking and painting it all....tedious...but so worth it!!!

Board and Batten in the Master!Board and Batten in the Master!
It was then time for the best part of the room....loading the furniture and starting to accessorize!!

OneNuttyGirl.comOneNuttyGirl.com

This is the painted and distressed dresser! I kept the same hardware except for the top knobs. They are precious brown birds I ordered of E-bay. I repurposed some lighthouse photos that were in cherry frames by painting the frames white. I added elements of sand, glass, silver, blue and of course a few more starfish!!

OneNuttyGirl.com

I painted the fronts of the nightstands Woodlawn Blue to change it up a bit. I splurged on Pottery Barn lamps and tied a starfish around them with jute string. They lamps are fillable, so I may add some coastal elements inside them at some point.

Painted and distressed furniture!
Painted and distressed furniture!
I brought in a few more coastal elements on top of the armoire and hung an old window over the bed.

armoire

I'm sure the room will continue to evolve, like all rooms in my house....it takes time! For now I am just smitten every time I wake up!

"Bliss!
Bliss!

9 comments:

driftwoodesign May 24, 2011 at 5:04 PM  

Amazing!!! Your bedroom was nice before but I just adore how calming the feel of the room is now.
Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

themasons May 24, 2011 at 5:32 PM  

I love this makeover, I'm really interested in looking at the details of the ceiling.

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com May 24, 2011 at 5:59 PM  

What a beautiful makeover. I love the soft, beachy colors you choose. You did an amazing job on your furniture too!

Korrie@RedHenHome May 24, 2011 at 6:08 PM  

What a gorgeous room! And you had amazing furniture to go in it...love that armoire.

Lee Anne May 24, 2011 at 7:58 PM  

You did a wonderful job! How fabulous it must be to rest and relax in such a calming retreat. Thank you for the post.
Lee Anne
contentinsenoia.blogspot.com

The enchanted home May 25, 2011 at 7:25 AM  

What an amazingly pretty room! Great makeover and proof that it really is all in the details!

Jessica @ FourGenerationsOneRoof September 21, 2011 at 7:02 AM  

I love this room! I'm a new blogger & loving this board & batten....never knew the term til a month ago! Visiting from tipjunkie/cassity's post today! Thanks so much for sharing!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP