We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Simple, quick healthy lunch! Cabbage Tuna Wrap & Link Up Party

17 April 2011

This week I realized that I have been being a little silly, or stupid... whichever way you want to put it.  For some reason I just haven't been able to wrap my head around this whole diet thing.  Not that I want it to be a diet, but more of a healthy eating more often lifestyle change.  But I have been eating things that I never eat, or that I very RARELY eat, buy or even cook.. just an abundance of junk daily, all day long.  And, I have been craving junk... and blah blah blah.

Anyway. what I realized this week is that I am being a victim of MYSELF.  Making poor choices because of laziness, or feeling like I deserve it or otherwise.  Like I have no choice but to eat everything my body craves.

This, my dears, is just ridiculous.  Isn't part of the journey of life learning to control yourself?  (a concept I don't think everyone understands)?

This concept involves all aspects of our lives.  It is not safe or good to indulge foolishly in a number of things, just because we have a natural tendency for them, be it sex, drugs, laziness... whatever your crutch may be.  We will become better people as a whole if we learn to take the reigns of our own physical base urges (yes that includes eating a whole 1/2 gallon of ice cream) and use those urges properly... Okay, don't get me going, I could talk about this for days.

The point is, that I can either choose to be a victim (of myself and my choices) or I can step up.  So, I am going to try to step up.  And this little recipe was an easy step, people, and totally delicious!!  Tyr it, if you like tuna sandwiches you won't be disappointed!

I got the original idea from The Kitchn and went from there (the image via the kitchn)



Crunchy Tuna-Cabbage Salad
3 servings

One can tuna, drained
2 cups finely chopped cabbage
1 minced green onions
5 shredded or chopped baby carrots
5 pickle sliced chopped into bits
1 tsp fresh or water packed garlic
2 tablespoon light mayonnaise
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (forgot to add this so optional!!)

Shred the tuna with a fork and stir in the rest of the ingredients. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over a good whole wheat bread.  Eat immediately or refrigerate for up to two days.



Party Rules:
Please grab a button for your linked blog post 
Please become a public follower of Remodelaholic!

Remodelaholic




** ALSO - I would be really thankful if when you try a recipe, you'd please link to my post for the recipe.  That way people can find and join our party, and we will all benefit from some extra traffic love!   If the recipe is a guest feature, please link to the original author's blog post that is hyper linked at the top of the page!

Thank you!

9 comments:

laxsupermom April 17, 2011 at 7:12 AM  

Looks like a great lunch option! Thanks for sharing and for hosting this party each week.

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} April 17, 2011 at 7:15 AM  

I absolutly love tuna sandwiches this one sounds delicious with the crunchy texture. Thanks for sharing :)

Christina April 17, 2011 at 8:28 AM  

Thanks for the recipe...it looks really good!! I linked up a healthy summer recipe you might like to try...it's light and fills me up :)

Thanks for your words on eating...I so struggle with the same thoughts/feelings. It helps to hear someone else is thinking this too...and doing something about it!! :)

The enchanted home April 17, 2011 at 9:19 AM  

Thanks so much for posting this because it looks REALLY good and like something I would make, eat and enjoy. I too am on a diet..hello spring, summer,shorts, and sleeveless everything is around the corner....hate dieting so always looking for fun creative things. This looks really good..and I LOVE cabbage, going to try it tomorrow! Thanks.

Classy Clutter April 17, 2011 at 5:54 PM  

Thanks for sharing this!! We are doing a nutrition lesson for FHE tomorrow and this would be great on our Weekly Menu!

XO, Mallory @ Classy Clutter

Unknown April 17, 2011 at 5:56 PM  

Okay. For what it is worth....I gotta weigh in here. (pun intended, lol) I don't think it is about CONTROL. I think it is about STOPPING beating yourself up and finding an active life that you ENJOY, not dread!!

I think it is about finding what you love. Not everyone loves the gym. You will NEVER find me there. But, I have found that I love to bike and walk. (Running is just an injury waiting to happen!!) I lost a ton of weight last year and kept it off because I quit DENYING myself. We women beat ourselves up! Stop! We overdue, become dis-allusion-ed and the cycle continues!! If you want a piece of pie, EAT IT! Then just work a little harder the next day.

Yes, eat better. This recipe looks great. But.....let's all be a little kinder to ourselves. I could go on and on. I will shut up. lol Just had to share. :) Lesley

Amy April 18, 2011 at 6:28 AM  

Thank you for sharing this. I will definitely try it out!

I just joined weight watchers and I am finding it's not what I've been eating but how much (oh my goodness! ) I love their plan (no this isn't an advertisement) because they allow for extras so that if I slip (which I do), I don't feel bad I just pick up and start again the next day. 7 pounds and counting....

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse April 18, 2011 at 2:26 PM  

Hi!
I don't know if that idea would help you... But for a few years now, I eat only what I cook (not a 100% rule, though, but quite near). Meaning, I only buy basic stuff like butter, flour, vegetables and so on. I still eat cake as I do bake at weekends, but when it's eaten, I just have to wait to bake an other... It does help a lot not to have packs of cookies in the cupboard!
Magali xxx

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP