We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Black Interior Doors PR 4

25 April 2011

I did this a month or so ago, and we LOVE it!  I told you back in ancient history how we had a plan to paint all the interior doors black (it all started with the front door).  I bought the gallon of paint and... moved on to other things like I am good at! Ha!

Well then, when I was bored one day, I had an easy ready to go project.  We have a bunch more doors to paint another day too, lucky me!  Projects galore!

It is amazing what this project has done for our cheap ugly doors.  Just your plain flat doors, with a big hideous faux wood grain (a very unfortunate feature...)  But the truth is they look absolutely beautiful now.  I just can't tell you enough how much I love the look.  I am not sure that I will ever paint my doors the same color as the trim again.

And so here is the little hall in our upstairs before and after.

   

 


I think black paint is addicting... beware!


Remodelaholic is written by Cassity and Justin.  Cassity has a degree in interior design and Justin is a landscape architect, so we adore everything that makes up a HOME!  We love to share home remodeling ideas and projects we’re working on. From huge kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, there isn’t anything we won't try to tackle (at least once!).  We are in the midst of our third whole home renovation, so there should be a lot more inspiration coming your way.  We hope that you will stop by often for home design inspiration, tutorials, interior design tips, delicious recipes and what is going on in our family life.

11 comments:

Faythful Roots April 25, 2011 at 5:31 PM  

I agree! We are slowly painting all of our doors and trim black. It is one of the few decorating choices that my husband and I agree on.I love it!

Alyssa @ Frugal Stepmom April 25, 2011 at 6:06 PM  

Ahh man, we already painted all of our trim gloss white and the doors don't match. so were off to painting white since we aren't planning to stay at this house for eternity. I <3 the black, big time!

A Cardigan Girl April 25, 2011 at 6:34 PM  

When I read the title, I thought, "Black painted doors? No, that's too odd". But I am amazed at how good they look, it looks really stylish and gives the hallway some depth. I am suddenly inspired...Thanks!

Lisa April 25, 2011 at 7:24 PM  

They look fabulous! I did this as well and I love it. It makes cheap doors look expensive and gives your home such a sense of drama.

modernmom April 25, 2011 at 8:51 PM  

I am planning to do the same thing, after going to a Home & Garden Tour last week. My fav house had all black doors, and it was very rich looking. Love yours!

Ashley Poulsen April 25, 2011 at 9:17 PM  

That's so funny, I just did that this weekend at my house! And I also love it!!!
http://diwivesclub.blogspot.com/
Check it out!
Isn't it funny how something so simple can make something look so much better, My garage entry went from crap to freakin' awesome!

Thrifty Decor Chick April 25, 2011 at 10:59 PM  

Ohhh...I have been wanting to do this FOREVER but am too sceered! I LOVE it! I'm going to do the back of our front door to ease me into it. ;)

cheeky rose April 26, 2011 at 3:10 AM  

The effect is very dramatic, I think it look great, but not sure I am brave enough to change my doors black yet!!!!

Soapchick April 26, 2011 at 5:10 AM  

Such a wonderful idea, I want to do it to our horrible, faux wood grained doors right now! Thanks for the inspiration

Deanna June 10, 2011 at 9:34 AM  

I love it! We spray painted a few interior doors with mixed results. The celery green color looks great on teh pre primed door but the navy blue looks splotchy on the older door and the khaki looks blech. I am thinking I wanna try black thanks to you (I am *sure* the husband will be thanking you, too *grin*)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP