We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Amazing Superhero Boys Room!

11 April 2011


Hello Remodelaholics!  I'm Cheri from I Am Momma Hear Me Roar.  I love to blog about home decor, sewing, photography, crafting for boys, and whatever else interests me. 
Today I'm stopping by to show you the Superhero Bedroom I just finished for my little guy.  The room was lavender with an irredescent kind of shimmer from the previous owners.  It had hand-painted hearts and rhinestones around where the mirror used to be.  There was nothing boyish about it.  We needed a change.


Well, it doesn't look a bit like it did now.  You won't find any pink or purple in here.  Let me give you a quick tour.



It all began with a sketch I showed my dad.  I wanted to have a bed with a city scene painted on it and a sign like Batman's, but with my child's name featured.  This is what he built. 


I painted the whole thing and then added the cityscape to the front and side.


 
I asked my mom if she could paint something like these posters because you can't buy them anymore.  I bought a hollow core door for a canvas because it's huge and a lot less expensive than a canvas.  She rocked the painting.  Can you tell my son liked it?


I found fabrics with colors I pulled from the painting and my mom sewed this beautiful quilt.


I hung up an old telephone picture I had.  Superman always changes his clothes in a phone booth, you know.


I made a superhero car (inspired by the batmobile) out of cardboard.  It's got lots of layers, so it's actually really sturdy.  My boys love to play on it.  I got the "pow" and "wham" stickers from an etsy shop.


I made a fake newspaper article about my superhero son to put on the wall.  I had it blown up as an "engineer blueprint" at Staples so it only cost $2.99!  I mounted it to a thin sheet of MDF.  I decided to paint a green frame behind it because the color was super close to the wall color.  My sister wrote the story in the newspaper and it's hilarious.

Last, I added a framed print that has a special meaning to us.

And now my work here is done! 


If you want more info on the room or if you'd like to see a video tour, you can find my final summary post HERE on my blog.  You're welcome to visit me there anytime.

8 comments:

Craftcherry April 11, 2011 at 8:59 AM  

What a fantastic room! Any little boy would be lucky to get a room like that!

Robert April 11, 2011 at 9:43 AM  

This is very cool. I would have loved a room like this when I was little!

Unknown April 11, 2011 at 9:56 AM  

great room - but sad for all the nerdy girls... please don't be so full of stereotypes!

Jen April 11, 2011 at 12:33 PM  

This is so cute! I love it! There are sooo many sweet, pretty, cute, little things for girls-but for boys you gotta get creative! Great ideas!

Jen
areafarehome@blogspot.com

IAMSNOWFLAKE April 11, 2011 at 1:39 PM  

So nice that it turned out to be a family project with everyone involved. Great job everyone!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP