We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Starting to Lose the Weight! Easy Baked Fish and Recipe Link

20 February 2011

Okay, you guys have seen those little badges around blogdom that say:


So, this really has nothing to do with my disclosure policy, but it is what I have been thinking about when it comes to eating, dieting, and loosing baby weight.   That means right now for your reading pleasure I am going to "disclose" to you some of my dirty awful secrets.  Not really awful, I just want some accountability and what is better accountability than a blog of a few thousand readers right? (thanks for dealing with my whims...)

With my pregnancies, I start off for the first 5 months sick as a dog, laying around the floor unable to move watching movies, sleeping or reading and eating every hour (or else).  I eat rice crispies, crackers, pizza and dessert.  (stellar nutrition I know!)  Anything that doesn't sound good (or is relatively healthy), that I eat, loves finding a porcelain receptacle to live the rest of it's life in... if you know what I mean.   By the time I get over this stage, my eating habits are atrocious!  I am not really up to starting an exercise regimen at this point, and have so much that hasn't gotten done in the last 5 months that it takes the next 4 months to catch up!  Which means I gain some weight...

Too much info on my own weight:  When it comes to my weight, I have never been really overweight, so that is not my issue, but I have always considered myself fat (probably because of the stress of media etc!).  I have had some bad self talk, I think a lot of women do this to themselves, and it is not helpful.  I was thin enough that I modeled through high school plus some, I am 5'10" and weighted 135 and "they" considered me heavy....  Not a good perspective for a high schooler, but I just lived out that natural thinness until I let it go- I never let the pressure get to me in unhealthy ways, luckily! 

But as time went on, I started to gain weight (typical right?).  Here is what seemed to happen: I got married, I gained 5 lbs... I moved, I gained 5 lbs... I got into my major in college, I gained 5 lbs... I got a new job, I gained 5 lbs... I moved again. 5 lbs....  and so on until I reached 176 lbs while we lived in Asheville, NC.  

Technically, at 176 lbs, for my height I had just reached the overweight category by a few pounds.  I freaked out a bit.  I decided it had to stop there, I started working out regularly, (first time in my life) and ate slightly better, not much.  I lost 14 lbs, to rest at 162 and couldn't budge the scale any lower, cuz I didn't make anymore changes.  I sorta gave up a bit, we moved I gained 5 lbs.. (seriously you'd think I 'd learn) I parked myself at 168.

I got pregnant, gained 40 lbs, lost the weight (WW online), got down to 164 then quit Weight Watchers (cuz of laziness) and leveled out at 168.  I got pregnant again, gained 40 lbs and now at this very current moment (Thrusday Feb 17th) am at 195.  URGH!

I know.... I just told the world exactly how much I weight.  (did I mention the only t.v. show I watch is Biggest Loser?  I love it! Maybe it gives me courage to jut put it out there- cuz it mean I have to change right?)

Should I mention I am 29 year old too?  WOW secrets are really coming out in this post.  (I turn 30 in April... I am actually excited about turning 30 though... it's the new 20!)

That means, if I want to be at my goal weight of 150-155 lbs  (right in the middle of my proper body mass index weight) I need to lose approx 45 lbs.  WOW!

Okay, here is the deal for all this rambling.  I think those of you that participate regularly in our recipe links know I have a thing for chocolate and desserts in general.  BUT I am going to strive to do better.  I will have dessert, or I will fail, (I know my limitations people).  But I will try to make better choices on desserts.

In a few weeks, I am going to going Weight Watchers Online again.  (I actually really like the accountability and freedom of their points program- no they are not paying me to say this, I wish!  Hey Weight Watchers- I'd love a free online account!)  

Why not join right now?   No, this isn't planned procrastination.  I have heard that it is best to let your body rest a few weeks after giving birth and let it naturally shed some weight, instead of making it think- "Wait I am starving here, and I need to feed this baby, I will hold on to every pound I've got..."  So, right now I am focusing on cutting out some extra sugar... getting my pantry cleaned out of junk and thinking a bit before I eat.

Now, for today's recipe, finally!  I needed a quick meal the other day and found this on cooking light.  It was really good and i will definitely be making it again.   


Easy Bake White Fish Recipe
4 servings 
 You can use any firm white fish; cod, haddock, or grouper work well. 
(I used Tilapia, cuz that is what I had)

1 1/2 pounds Tilapia, grouper or other white fish fillets
Cooking spray
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)

Preheat oven to 425°.

Place fish in an 11" x 7" baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine lime juice, mayonnaise, onion powder, and pepper in a small bowl, and spread over fish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs; drizzle with butter. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley optional.


Party Rules:
1. Please grab a button for your linked blog post 
2. Please become a public follower of Remodelaholic!

Remodelaholic




** ALSO - I would be really thankful if, when you try a recipe, and want to post about it that you not copy the actual recipe into your post from my blog.  Instead, please link to my post for the recipe.  That way people can find and join our party, and we will all benefit from some extra traffic love!   If the recipe is a guest feature, please link to the original author's blog post that is hyper linked at the top of the page!

Thank you!
Lets see what'cha got cookin' good lookin':



24 comments:

Jodi February 20, 2011 at 7:24 AM  

Congratulations on taking the first steps toward your weight loss goal! You can do it! I understand how hard it is to put it all out there, but now you have the support and encouragement from all your readers to help you along...

Brandi February 20, 2011 at 7:59 AM  

I felt the same way you do after having my children. I'm great losing weight, but horrible at keeping it off! We'll get there! One day at a time!!!

Mary February 20, 2011 at 8:30 AM  

Good luck on your weight loss! I am almost halfway to my goal. Thanks for starting the recipe exchange....it gives me a great excuse to blog about my journey and be accountable!

Mary

TerriW February 20, 2011 at 9:07 AM  

I am also doing WW online -- after fiddling around and taking a year and a half to lose about 20 lbs, I started around Christmas and am down 11 lbs since then.

Here are what I do for WW-compatible desserts. If you're willing to use artificial sweeteners, I'm sure there are a lot more choices, but if not, I use these:

* Miss Meringue cookies (particularly the mint chocolate chips ones). 4 cookies, 3 points.
* Barry's Bakery French Twists -- 2 twists, 1 point (!!)
* Vita tops/vita muffin -- not quite as good, but sometimes you just need a chocolate brownie type thing. They're about 2 or 3 points, depending on which one you have.

Good luck!

Jenni Coberly February 20, 2011 at 9:34 AM  

I love your blog and I really appreciate your honesty. I am also 5'10" and I currently weigh 176. I played sports in HS and looked amazing at 145. I have a very muscular body. I am working really hard to get to 165 and I LOVE myfitnesspal.com!! It is completely free and so much like WW. I have done WW online and loved it, but hated paying for it. Myfitnesspal.com works exactly the same way...I actually like it a little better and it's free!! I have always loved working out but I also LOVE to eat!! Myfitnesspal has you track your workout and then you get that many more calories for the day. It really motivates you to workout so you can eat more. Without working out, 1200 calories goes super fast. I always try to burn at least 600 calories so that I can indulge a little more throughout the day. :) Good luck!!

Katie February 20, 2011 at 9:45 AM  

I think it shows a TON of courage putting yourself out there and having everyone hold you to your goals!! And I can relate to putting on 5lbs here or there -- I put on 10 lbs just this last summer. Now that I'm preggo, I worry if the weight will come off after. And I must say I LOVE the WW online program!! Hubby and I did it together several years ago, and I think it's wonderful in teaching good eating habits. I'll probably do it again after baby. Good luck, and I can't wait to try some of these recipes!

Dara Lynn February 20, 2011 at 10:42 AM  

My mother brought me a WW book from 1998 this past Tuesday for healthier recipes to cook... I am fixing to have back surgery and my hubby has weight/heart issues...he is only 40! After reading...I thought I can do this! After 4 days, I have dropped 3.6 pounds but I know it's only because I gave up my two Eggos, with 3 large knife scoops of peanut butter and syrup covering every square inch! I lost my job a year ago and cannot afford the monthly membership, so I have really been googling (is that a word?) all there is to know about WW 2009 and 2010. I know recently they changed how they calculate - It has been the most successful for my friends. However, I love to grub...crunch..salty..crunch..sweet...this has been my challenge! I cannot exercise so what goes into my mouth is what I do have control over. Hubs wanted to go out and eat Mexican last night...I declined! I was not comfortable in knowing that big basket of chips and cheese sauce would be brought to the table...who can turn down c & s! So as you join this journey( 2 babies and weight from second never lost uuggh) I am there with you! I am so appreciative of the fish recipe...there is frozen tilapia in the freezer right now! soo with that said, let's hold each others' hand and walk through this challenge..

Deb February 20, 2011 at 10:49 AM  

GO CASSITY, GO! I have traveled a similar weight path as you, and posted a "call myself out" post yesterday. It's time to lose this baby weight, now that my youngest is five. :-) I have the same total weight loss goal, though I wasn't brave enough to put it in print. Good luck! I'll be cheering you on and watching for recipes.

Michele February 20, 2011 at 1:34 PM  

Thanks for your honesty. I still struggle with the last 10 lbs of baby weight (and my baby is 21 mths old!!!). I'm afraid of ever going on a "diet" so my approach is similar to yours. I think if I can make one healthy change a day, such as reduce sugar or don't drink soda, that will help reduce my caloric intake. I know I also need to exercise more, but with two little ones it's hard to find the time. I'll have to try this fish recipe. My boys love fish. We eat a lot of tilapia.

Christina February 20, 2011 at 5:18 PM  

WOW - what perfect timing! I signed up for WW Online last night! So funny! I did WW through work 2 years ago...lost 10 pounds, and then got lazy and went back to "normal" eating. Now I'm back on because I need to lose 25 lbs...ugh. I can't wait to get more recipes from you...I am making that fish sometime this week! Thank you!

Unknown February 20, 2011 at 5:56 PM  

Awesome courage, girl! I'm right there with you! Joined WW about 5 weeks ago and have lost about 11 lbs. Not doing the best this past week, though, and your post is giving me an extra kick in the butt to get it back on track. B/c done right, it works! Whoa, imagine that, eh?? Good luck to you (and all the rest of us who are figuring this out too!).

Twisted Sister February 20, 2011 at 7:36 PM  

You are brave to share intimate details with us. Thank you for being so candid and real. WW is a wonderful thing and I hope it works for you again!!! I'm not a big fan of fish, but I know I need to be making it more often. I am going to try this recipe. It sounds pretty good!

Jane February 20, 2011 at 9:28 PM  

Hi Cassity,
I have had luck loosing weight with my-calorie-counter.com. They have a great food journal there. I wrote a post on it a while back:

http://www.makeaheadmealsforbusymoms.com/using-my-calorie-counter-com-to-lose-a-few-pounds/

Best of luck to you! Love your site! :)

Michelle February 20, 2011 at 9:47 PM  

Have you ever heard of MyFitnessPal.com? I lost 30 pounds last year w/ the help of that website. It is awesome! It helps you keep track of your calories, and the best part is that it is free! You should check it out. I still use it almost everyday :)

Good luck on the weight loss!

Lindsey February 20, 2011 at 10:11 PM  

WW worked way to slow for me. It was so frustrating. I found a great program where I lost 3-4 lbs a week! Love it! I lost 80lbs in about 6 months. I am now a health coach in the program. If you want to see more.. (or just see my before and after pic!!) here is the site. http://thepowertolose.com/

OrganizingMadeFun February 20, 2011 at 11:46 PM  

Did you steel my weight story? I'm just kidding...if you ever want inspiration, check this out. I posted this a few weeks ago:

http://organizingmadefun.blogspot.com/2011/02/how-i-organizedmy-weight-loss-and.html

I still struggle too - it's a daily battle still but I'm regularly exercising! You can do it!! I'm turning 40 next month...I'm in better shape now than I was at 30!

Becky B.
www.organizingmadefun.blogspot.com
Organizing Made Fun

That One Girl February 21, 2011 at 7:53 AM  

Boy do I know this story!! It's very similar to my own!!! Last year right about this time I was 195 pounds as well! Now... while I haven't attacked weight loss with the surge that I should, I have lost about 20 pounds in a year (like I said.. not a huge surge.. haha!) My husband also has gained quite a bit of weight. I started a work out regime on Saturday. I'm going to start out with 3 days a week, and go from there!! Congrats on wanting to lose weight!! You can do it!! :-)

The Star Gal February 21, 2011 at 12:08 PM  

I hate to be the bearer of bad news....but it doesn't get any easier. I'm 57 and my metabolism just stopped in it's tracks about 10 years ago. Do yourself a favor and lose it now. I've been "dieting" since Jan. 1 and I've lost 15lbs so far. I'd love to lose another 10 and keep it off. It just crossed my mind right now how a bunch of men would NEVER blog about weight issues with a bunch of other men. Funny, huh? Best of luck to all of you!!

Epesse February 21, 2011 at 6:12 PM  

Hi! I', triyin' to loose some weight since I have had my thyroid removed (I have problems to breath if I keep it...) some years ago. I found a diet that matches what I like to eat (more proteins, but not only!) and I have some tricks when I need something sweet and- of course- I can't just take some cookies. Hope this help you. You need:
5 sp of dryed skimmed milk
1 sp of low fat cocoa, with no sugar added
1 egg
1 ts of baking soda
1 ts of liquid sweetener
1 sp of water

You only have to mix everything (it will be better if you do it first with the egg and add the milk, the cocoa and the baking soda later), put it in a microwave safe bowl and cook it in the microwave for 3 minutes.
Now you'll have a nice cocoa flavored big cupcake (or similar!) with NO FAT and LOW CARB. Perfect if you need something sweet and chocolate flavour. Eat it fast, because, as it's cooked in a microwave, it could stop being a cupcake to become a cookie... hard!
Hope you enjoy as much as I do.
P.S. (I have blogged about, but.. in spanish. Sorry for not linking).

laxsupermom February 21, 2011 at 6:43 PM  

Great post! I also modeled in high school (though not beyond,) and always felt "fat" even when not. I gained after moving, after getting married, and after having children. The weight I gained with my second son, was the most stubborn. I'll be cheering you on as you continue this journey. Thanks for sharing.

Kat's Purrfect Boutique February 22, 2011 at 12:16 AM  

Didn't you just have the baby or did I spend too much time under my mushroom? lol I wish you tons of "support". When are you posting a picture? Katharine

Anonymous,  May 29, 2011 at 11:38 PM  

I hear ya! I was/am the same way!! Two weeks ago I decided to cut out my million snacks every day and have lost between 8-10 pounds (depending on the time of day I weigh myself)...those Annie's cheddar bunnies were my biggest downfall! I'm starting to think that if my daughter stopped eating them she'd be 1 pound!! Keep up the good work!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP