We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Beautiful Natural Tablescape by 33 Shades of Green

10 February 2011

.
Hello Remodelaholic readers!  Thank you Cassity for having me back again today.  You will find me at my blog, 33 Shades of Green, crafting, cooking, designing, and trying out all sorts of creative projects.
.
Today I am sharing a tablescape I recently put together.  Almost everything I used for this tablescape was something that I already had - there were only a few new things I purchased.  Don't you love when you come up with something new out of things you already had?  I first decided on a theme - green, silver, and natural elements, and then started pulling things together.


.
.
The first thing I started with was a burlap table runner.  I won this runner from the lovely Rene of Cottage and Vine - lucky me!  If you would like to make your own, take a look at Rene's tutorial.  Or, if you are lucky, she might have one for you in her Etsy shop.  I think burlap is just the perfect base for so many looks - it looks great with everything and was a perfect start for the natural elements I wanted to incorporate.
.
.
Glass hurricanes are a versatile accent piece to have on hand.  They are inexpensive, come in many sizes, and will work with any decor.  I use mine all the time for so many different things.  You can usually find these at Marshall's or TJ Maxx between $6 - $12.
.
.
.
To fill the vases, I used a bag of moss from the craft store, mini grapevine wreaths, and candles.  I soaked the grapevine wreaths in water overnight.  The next day I was able to pull them apart and shape them how I wanted to fit in the vases.
.
.
Decorating with succulent plants is easy and inexpensive.  Succulents are low maintenance and will be around long after you are finished with your tablescape.  I put these in little metal containers and filled the top with moss.
.
.
.
I really like how this tablescape would work in any season.
.
.
Adding votive candles around your centerpieces will add a little sparkle to your entire table.  Everyone likes a little candle light at a dinner party, right?
.
.
.
I hope you enjoyed this tablescape.  If you have any questions, come visit me at my blog 33 Shades of Green.
.
.

14 comments:

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal February 10, 2011 at 7:49 PM  

This is just so beautiful. Love all the different textures and the bright green moss is my favorite part.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light February 11, 2011 at 7:04 AM  

What an absolutely gorgeous, natural tablescape! I have a few of those elements and will have to try this!

terrid614 February 11, 2011 at 10:49 AM  

this is simply gorgeous! i love that you had a lot of the items around and it was fairly reasonable in cost! my kind of decorating!

René February 11, 2011 at 2:28 PM  

Oh my goodness this is the most beautiful table scape! I love, love, love all of the natural elements. Thank you for the shout out Alissa!

-Rene

Brenda Pruitt February 13, 2011 at 4:03 PM  

Gorgeous tablescape! I ran across one of those glass hurricanes yesterday at a specialty shop that was 75% off. I should have grabbed it!
Brenda

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP