We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Wood and Wall Art

05 January 2011

Wood and Wall Art
contributed by Cul-de-Sac Chic

IMG_4450
I made this over the summer, but never posted it. I was going to wait and finish a few more things in our family room. I just haven’t gotten around to them.
Layla from the Lettered Cottage shared this flag over the summer and I was inspired.
I had a sunburst I bought for this room, but it looked so small on this wall. I thought of attaching picket fence boards and put the sunburst on that. I love her painting technique of dipping a paintbrush in water. It gave the wood the perfect look.
Here’s how I made it.
Projects 003
This was my first time using a miter saw. It is pretty easy to use. I figured out how long I wanted the pickets to be and drew a line where I needed to cut. These pickets were around a dollar each and I used 6 of them.
Projects 009
To use the saw hold down the trigger and pull down.
Projects 007
Put the board on the saw.
Projects 008
Without holding the trigger button from the earlier picture pull down the blade and make sure it is lined up. Now you can cut.
Projects 013
I painted these using Layla’s technique. I dipped my paint brush into the gray paint than I dipped it into my container of water and swished it around.
Projects 022
We had these scrap wood strips leftover so we used them to attach the boards.
Projects 026
We bought a picture hanging kit and than hung it up on the wall.
IMG_4048IMG_4458
I bought these sconces at Marshalls and sprayed them white. I’m not totally in love with them but I felt the wall needed more than just the art. I wanted a big chunky wooden hurricane sconce, but couldn’t find any that was in my budget that I liked. I might just have to make what I have pictured in my head.

3 comments:

Champe@MyDesignGuide.com January 5, 2011 at 7:21 PM  

Love the scale of this installation. Even had you left the sconces their natural copper color it might have worked with the coffee table. Would love to have seen both options - fun. If ever we can help you visit us My Design Guide.com

Susan January 5, 2011 at 7:39 PM  

Oh I do love your wood art!! I believe it would have looked wonderful leaving the sconces the color they were, it would have added to the overall color scheme!

Anonymous,  January 6, 2011 at 12:13 AM  

This is just breathtaking, I love it! You're very clever. Can't wait to have a look around your blog!
Megs :)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP