We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Toy Box Bench Make-Over

05 January 2011

Toy Box Bench Make-Over
contributed by All Fresh and Clean

I picked this toy box up for $6 at the thrift store a few weeks ago.  I liked the design and knew I could make it adorable.  =)


The first thing I did was apply paint stripper.  It worked really well, except for the parts where all those darn stickers were!  If anyone can explain the mess under this pink paint, please do!!! lol  So first was the pink, then red and purple finger paints (?) then bright yellow, then white.



I sanded for hours. And gave it a good scrub down with Basic H.




I wanted to make sure the paint color was ok, because when I bought the paint they were out of some of the mixer colors, so the paint guy just winged it!  UGH,  I had a florescent green!  Luckily I had a gallon of yellowish beige.  I mixed the two and it came out perfect.  yay!!! 

I cut some little vinyl birds with my cricut for the finishing touch! 







Before and After

19 comments:

Kathy January 5, 2011 at 12:10 PM  

wow... I must say it was well worth the elbow grease. It turned out so cute!! Awesome job!

The Vintage Farmhouse January 5, 2011 at 12:41 PM  

Wow that's a lot of crazy paint under there! Nice re-do though! Looks adorable now!!

The Mustard Seed January 5, 2011 at 2:01 PM  

BEAUTIFUL!! I never find anything good at thrift stores and garage sales. Probably just lacking on that designer eye of yours! It looks wonderful!

Rachel January 5, 2011 at 2:03 PM  

Very cute! Good job!
On an unrelated note, Remodelaholic's posts are not showing up in Google Reader. The title comes up and about 3 sentences, but no pictures. It was working yesterday...maybe my google reader?

banclothing January 5, 2011 at 2:12 PM  

I am impressed how well your stripper worked. I recently used some and it basically just glued ontop of the finish... I ended up having to sand everything including the stripper off. I got my money out of my hand sander...

Kristin January 5, 2011 at 10:08 PM  

This is darling! What a sweet cottagey little bench you now have! Love the little touch of the birdies too :-)

Anonymous,  January 5, 2011 at 11:36 PM  

This is so cute! I haven't attempted a stencil yet, but you've inspired me. My stepdaughter is about to revamp a toy box for her baby girl who is due next month. I shall send her your link!
Megs :)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP