We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Refinished Wood Chair Painted Blue

04 January 2011

Refinished Wood Chair Painted Blue

Contributed by Paige at Faith's Place


~~~~SQUUUEEAAALLLL~~~~~

I am soooooo excited about my new chair makeover!!!! It's my very FIRST attempt at refinishing a piece of furniture! 

I wanted to start with something cheap and small to see if I could pull it off. I bought this chair at Goodwill for $4!! I figured, it's 4 bucks; if I mess up, I'm only out of $4.

Here it what it looked like when I bought it last week......
Photobucket

I have a little electric mouse sander, so I sanded it first...nothing heavy, just enough to take some of the finish off.  I also took the million staples out of the seat to get the fabric off the original. Easy as pie!
Photobucket

After taking the fabric off, I measured out a new piece and restapled the new fabric to the seat with a staple gun. Again, easy peasy!

Next I spray painted the chair using "Ocean Breeze" blue that I purchased atWal-Mart for $3. I only needed one can.  (I was going for a color I had never used, just to try something different...now I can't wait to use this color on more stuff).

I also spray on some Lacquer to give it a shine!!!

And here is my new sweet, fun, funky chair.....
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Again.....the BEFORE...
Photobucket

And, the AFTER.....
Photobucket


I can't wait to get my hands on something else to refinish now!!!!!

13 comments:

Annie Louise January 4, 2011 at 4:40 PM  

What a great transformation!! Love the color and the fabric you chose.
Jeanette

Brittany Lewis January 4, 2011 at 5:21 PM  

Oh my goodness that is too cute!! I did a similar project a few months back.

angie January 4, 2011 at 5:32 PM  

LOVE this! makes me want to go to goodwill immediately to look for something to redo!

Ashley January 4, 2011 at 7:14 PM  

I love how the chair turned out!! That color and fabric are so fun!! I am currently working on one for a work space. I also wanted to start with something easy. :)

Anonymous,  January 4, 2011 at 9:31 PM  

See, you are super smart for starting small. I found a gigantic monster entertainment center for $15 so I took it home with me.... six months ago. Yep, still not done with that sucker.

Your chair is adorable and happy, love it!

Nancy January 8, 2011 at 8:31 AM  

Welcome to the world of refinishing furniture! Warning.... It's addicting!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP