We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Re-upholstered Side Chair

26 January 2011

Re-upholstered Side Chair


Here it is folks, my first attempt at this re-upholstery business.  It wasn't has hard as I imagined it to be.  Mostly just physically demanding.  My back was very sore from pulling so hard at the staples.  But over all it is just common sense.  Just put new fabric where ever the old fabric was.  I will be giving a full tutorial soon, maybe tomorrow.  Without further ado.... 


   
A lovely place to sit and read

Details of the fabric and trim
I wasn't about to try the tufting or the piping.  Since this was my first time, I wanted to keep it simple .


Overall, I'm happy with the result.  I will try this again!  Here's how I did it...

8 comments:

Gina January 26, 2011 at 5:20 PM  

Oh how I envy everyone that finds these awesome chairs! It came out fabulous, well done!!!

Scrappy Creations January 26, 2011 at 5:41 PM  

Great job! I'm going to give this a try here before long - something I've never done before - so I hope my first can come out as well as your first!!

MisImpulsive January 26, 2011 at 5:45 PM  

Beautifully done! That looks like a chair I brought home from a flea market not too long ago... still haven't tackled the upholstery on that. Again, tufting and all. Though, if you look around, tufting doesn't look too difficult, just tedious, and the piping/welting REALLY isn't that difficult at all. There has been TONS of it on the slipcover I've been tackling as my first sewing project, and as long as you can sew a straight line, you can do the piping. Go for it!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light January 26, 2011 at 5:55 PM  

So pretty and so impressive for a first time! The fabric and new chair color are gorgeous.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP