We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Old Barn Door Recycled into Kitchen Table

11 January 2011

Old Barn Door Recycled into Kitchen Table
contributed by Mason Bay


Hinges, and latches adorn my kitchen table. An old barn door, attached to some legs, and perfection. 

The door became a beautiful kitchen table. 

The plain wood legs, and base needed something, so a white wash, and paint stained clothes was a must.








Looking at all the imperfection of the door, reminds me how beautiful old and used items are. 



The children especially love playing with the hinge, while they are sitting on my lap.

After a couple of months, and not being able to find any vintage folding chippy chairs ( I am still looking), I decided to paint the chairs I already had. 





I sanded all 6 chairs and painted them fun, bright colors, red, green, purple, orange, turquoise, and yellow. 

Thank you Martha Stewart paint samples.

The children love them , and it has helped Baylie with learning her colors.

I love how unique they are! It is not every day you walk into someones home, who has 6 different colored chairs. 



I added a burlap table runner, with Turquoise strips (the DIY is coming on the runner.)

An IKEA white vase, with dried Hydrangea from my sisters garden, takes center stage on this one of a kind table.

Playing games around this table, and entertaining is so enjoyable.

13 comments:

Anonymous,  January 11, 2011 at 8:52 AM  

I adore! This table looks fantabulous! The strap hinges look gorgeous on the worn planks and I love that they weren't removed, it adds tremendous character.
I'm sure that this could easily pop up in the retail market for quite a price tag...

Tawra Jean January 11, 2011 at 4:05 PM  

Oh I LOVE this!!
I have been wanting to go 250 miles to see I can get some barn boards from my great grandparents old ranch barn built almost 100 years ago and make a new kitchen table out of it.

My only problem would be it wouldn't be smooth for writing on to do homework.
Tawra

Tawra Jean January 11, 2011 at 4:09 PM  

BTW, do you use this to eat on? How do you clean it? Just wondering if I decide to do this.

Melissa January 11, 2011 at 9:31 PM  

We do eat on this. We actually gave it a nice coat of polyurethane, and the table cleans up great.

COTTAG3 January 12, 2011 at 6:40 AM  

Love this table, especially with the hinges intact. Looks beautiful. Painting the chairs like that was a great choice. Love it all.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP