We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Updated 1870's Farm House Exterior

15 December 2010

*** I owe Christina @ 2 Little Hooligans A HUGE apology for not linking to their post!  We got this up on short notice on Wednesday and then I came down with a stomach virus that night that quickly spread through our house and I hadn't checked the blog in two days so I didn't see my HUGE mistake!  I hope you all will go check out her site, and become a follower!  SO SORRY!

Updated 1870's Farm House Exterior
party highlight by Christina @ 2 Little Hooligans

Saving this old house of ours is what we have been doing for the past 6 years. We purchased our 1870's farmhouse a little over 6 years ago. For some reason when we first saw it we fell in love with it. I'm not sure why, but it was probably a case of being young, dumb, and in love. We knew it was gong to take a lot of time and money to fix, but what we didn't think of is how long it would take us and how the addition of 3 kids in 3 years would change things so drastically. We still have an insane amount of work to do before this place is finished. I would say we are a little more then 1/2 way finished. Most days we dislike this house and wish we didn't buy it, but this weekend we saw the "light at the end of the tunnel"!!! It only lasted for a split second, but for that moment, when were standing outside admiring how we have been saving this old house, we saw it and it felt so good! It was like were brought back to the day we first saw this house and all the potential it had in store. It was like we were looking at our house, how we did 6 years and we fell in love with it all over again.

A few pictures so you know exactly what I mean,
Then and now...


Go ahead and gasp. I know, it's bad! But in all honesty, the inside of the house was much worse then the outside. Yes, it's possible!














It is amazing what new windows, doors, roofs, siding and a lot of blood, sweat, and lots of tears can do!

See, there it was, shining so bright, "the light at the end of the tunnel"! Thankfully it has given us the much needed strength to carry on. And so here we go, continuing to save this old house of ours.

17 comments:

Anonymous,  December 15, 2010 at 5:17 PM  

I feel your blood sweat and tears...we are in the same boat!

Nice jog it looks good, way better. But alas it makes me tired just looking at it fore I know how much work it really is.

Melissa

banclothing December 15, 2010 at 5:30 PM  

I actually wanted to buy a house that looked very similar to your on the outside in shape.... it turned out there were homeless people squatting in it so I questioned the neighbourhood. I am glad I didn't go that route however, you look like you are surrounded by a vast amount of land. land= + value, homeless people= - value

Sarah {The Student Knitter} December 15, 2010 at 6:02 PM  

WOW!! What an amazing transformation! I can see why you were feeling so good looking at it! I want to see more of the inside now! :D

Unknown December 15, 2010 at 6:54 PM  

I can understand you very well. Some years ago I bought a house. Since I change, renovate, delete... and find no end. But the different is so big...

It's a very, very hard, but wonderful job! Your old farmhouse looks fantastic - I love it!

Hugs

Tine

Cassie Bustamante December 15, 2010 at 7:11 PM  

that is just amazing, cassity! it is beautiful and i am SO glad you saw its potential and brought it back to life!

Anonymous,  December 15, 2010 at 8:25 PM  

Lots of love went into this makeover and the little house has life again - it's just precious.
be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Handy Man, Crafty Woman December 15, 2010 at 8:44 PM  

wow, awesome job! we fixed up 2 old houses; we know what it takes, TONS of work! looks beautiful.

Anonymous,  December 15, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

I can totally see why you bought the house to begin with. Great bones! We have been in our house for over 12 years and I can finally say we are more than half way through with our never ending renovation. I hear from the wise that it never ends...UGH!

Keep up the good work. Everything looks like it is coming along.

Take care,
Lisa

Bonnie@Creative Decorating December 17, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

It is an amazing transformation!! I know it is alot of work. With old houses it seems when you start tearing something apart, you find something else to fix that you hadn't planned on doing. My hat is off to you for taking this on and with three little ones! We built our house ourselves when our boys were babies which was hard but it was done in a year. I can't imagine it going on for longer!! Keep the faith!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP