We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Creating A Taller Crown Molding Look

15 December 2010

Creating A Taller Crown Molding Look
party highlight by Creations From My Heart

I've been SLOWLY working on the master bedroom transformation.

  So...... in the mean time I'm would love to share with you another project that  mainly my hubby completed.

Here's what the project looked like when we began.
The bathroom had nice dental molding,
 just not BEEFY enough for my liking.






Once my husband agreed to do the project for me, I quickly ran up to the wood working store to get the supplies.  I figured while he was in the mood to do the work I better get the wood, just in case he had second thoughts about doing the project.




I purchase a panel molding that was about 1" wide. He cut and mitered the corners and placed the piece of trim about 2.5" below the dental molding.  He used my handy dandy air compressor and staple gun to attach the molding to the drywall.




I then primed, painted and glazed the all the wood trim and the piece of drywall that was between the dental molding
 and the panel molding.

I love adding a glaze to dental molding. 
 The stain sticks to all the indentations of the wood
 and really adds a nice detail.

Now that's the look I wanted.
some nice BEEFY molding that didn't cost a fortune!



This was a very inexpensive project with a big transformation. The panel molding was much easier to do than the crown molding.  At  least that's what it seemed like to me.
  You'll have to ask my husband about that!
Maybe you also noticed the walls are different.  When we had the hardwood floors refinished, the old wall paper was damaged so I had to find a replacement paper.  Well, you know how that goes....
One thing lead into another and the powder room got an entire face lift.  I'll share that with you next week.

  As for now I better get working on the master bedroom transformation!

2 comments:

Kellie Collis December 15, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

Very well done you two! It turned out beautifully! Enjoy the lovely day, Kellie xx

megan {homemade ginger} December 15, 2010 at 3:45 PM  

looks so good! I want to do this in my whole house. Nice work!

I have a giveaway going on right now that you might be interested in!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP